Harrier II Single Type Group Build

Don't even think about it! :bleh:

Yeah, we all need a laugh now and then.

Folks looking for different schemes can of course consider ....

SFDO (School of Flight Deck Operations) - plenty of photos on the usual aviation photography sites - GR3s, T4s, T8s and FA2s (including ZH798 with ZH809's Admiral's barge tail)

GR3 - XZ129 in the Royal Navy ETS scheme. Also XV751 and XW630 in Royal Navy colours (all ground instructional airframes at the time, in case you are wondering)

AV-8As and AV-8BBs with the US Navy evaluations squadrons (VX-5, VX-9 and VX-31)

AV-8Bs with the US Navy's Air Warfare Center

Should make this thread a wonderful future reference site for schemes if we get all this group build stuff in there?

Can any kind soul point me to references for either of these. I have decided to do a 'Quick' build ahead of the GB as I haven't built a Harrier in far too long. It's even longer since I completed one!

Will be using the Airfix 48th GR.3 as a base.

Cheers and Thanks for the link to completed models, an excellent idea!

Yeah, we all need a laugh now and then.

Folks looking for different schemes can of course consider ....

GR3...XV751 and XW630 in Royal Navy colours (all ground instructional airframes at the time, in case you are wondering)

Can any kind soul point me to references for either of these. I have decided to do a 'Quick' build ahead of the GB as I haven't built a Harrier in far too long. It's even longer since I completed one!

Will be using the Airfix 48th GR.3 as a base.

Cheers and Thanks for the link to completed models, an excellent idea!

Try entering the serial numbers in the your favourite search engine and you are sure to find some examples ... or browse the aviation photo sites such as airliners.net, air britain, etc

DOH! :wall: My head's so full of cold I can't think straight!

Sorry for taking up valuable forum space with such a dumb question, think I need a nap!

Sometimes one can give great pleasure to people by saying dumb things - it makes them feel intellectually superior ... until they succumb to the same slip between brain and fingers :winkgrin:

• 1 month later...

Hadn't spotted this one earlier - but expect to see me.

When I thought it was the Harrier II STGB - well I've got the Hasegawa GR7 in 48th, Hasegaw AV-8B in 72nd, Airfix GR7 and club edition one to choose from.

Reading thru the thread I see it's the Harrier STGB 2 - that also opens my choices by An Airfix GR1 and a Sword T4 kits.

And SHARs are allowed, and I've got a Fujumi FRS1, Xtrakit FA2, and Satan1 from the Airfix club set.

Plenty for me to choose from!

Never done a group build before and would like to be a part of this. Anything specific i should know? I've read through the pinned threads in the GB chat section and think i've got the jist of it just didn't want to miss anything.

This is all dependant on me moving house and reinstating the modelling desk/cave (it really is driving me insane not messing around with plastic, glue and paint :jump_fire:

Never done a group build before and would like to be a part of this. Anything specific i should know? I've read through the pinned threads in the GB chat section and think i've got the jist of it just didn't want to miss anything.

This is all dependant on me moving house and reinstating the modelling desk/cave (it really is driving me insane not messing around with plastic, glue and paint :jump_fire:

Just look thru build threads in a few other GBs - to see how others go about it.

General idea if lots of in-progress photos, taking the project thru to completion.

Welcome aboard - you'll soon get the hang of things.
  • Like 1

Count me in, not sure what yet but it'll be something in 1/48. Still patiently waiting for someone to bring out some Qinetic VAAC transfers for my two seater kit.

EDIT : Just found Nils' thread on these transfers, so that'll be me if I can get a set.

A GB will certainly do that for you. Since the end of August I have completed 9 GB models! :hypnotised:

Oh my... 9!? I think about 3 GB - for 2 I signed up already and I am feeling slightly over-ambitious :-)

Dunno if I will go the easy route with Gr5 Pegasus test bed (Hasegawa kit) or the VAAC (Monogram kit, Heritage conversion and DIY decals) I suppose the Gr5 will be the safer bet for me and I guess Vingtors will release their decals soon - so it seems Doug will do the VAAC :-) This is going to be a really nice GB.

Rene

Well just catching up with this am there's loads more interested parties! Welcome aboard every one!

I'm trying not to plan too far ahead with my build, as my current GB completion rate is poor at best...might start with a 1/72 GR1 or 3 (new Airfix of course). If time allows I quite fancy an AV-8B in the gunship grey scheme, maybe as served in afghan....

Edited by SaintsPhil

My record is three models completed in a GB, so for this one I'm going for four! :mental:

P.1127(RAF)

GR3 Phase 6 (XV738 in Happy 4 colours - my jet!)

GR5

AV-8B+

Edited by Enzo Matrix
  • Like 1