Harrier II Single Type Group Build

I think I signed up in the original thread. I'll probably do an Airfix 1/48 Sea Harrier FRS1, and I may attempt to rescribe it (but not correct the panel lines...)

Sean

I will change my entry. I have got a Airfix Harrier GR.3 in 1/72 to build for a friend. So the 1/24 SHAR is gone. I haven't seen the model before but I am impressed with it.

Cheers,

I will change my entry. I have got a Airfix Harrier GR.3 in 1/72 to build for a friend. So the 1/24 SHAR is gone. I haven't seen the model before but I am impressed with it.

Grab a replacement fin from Colin at Freightdog.

• Like 1

Grab a replacement fin from Colin at Freightdog.

I think I will try to do it myself first. If it doesn't work I can always buy one. And to be ohnest how difficult can it be.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been "gifted" two harriers by a friend who worked on the and wanted to build them but never got the time.

The dubious 1/48 Tamiya FRS.1 and a nice Airfix 1/72 FRS.1 so jot me in for this one.

Question....I'm thinking of getting the Dave Parkins set for my build,so the questions are;

A-Worth the money seeing as I wont use bits of it

B-is it any good & accurate representation on a GR3 Leaping Heap?

Leaping Heap indeed! :D

Opinions differ on the Flightpath sets; no doubt there's a load of highly detailed stuff there but the Harrier SIG's view tended to be that most was more easily modelled with styrene sheet with greater 3D effect (as detailed in their comprehensive guides). A couple of memorable builds seem to have incorporated bits of it to great effect; remember Jenny Wright's 1:24 GR.1? I think the other may have been a Piero de Santis masterpiece though I may be getting mixed up with someone else's...

Cheers,

Kirk