Precision Ice and Snow Review of The New Amazing Snow Effect

robvulcan

Morning Keef. Desiccated coconut perhaps.. Looks like feathers.

I want to do a winter tank scene myself.

I asked about Frog kits as I am a fan of them but I am always on the lookout for the frog Vulcan Victor and Valiant.

I have a Vulcan so thats no so urgent. Just I would like to do another and have a desire to clone these kits and bring them back for others. Provided I can get permission from the right people.

Those 3 in particular are very rare and still very good kits. They must have been one of the first if not the first to have recessed panel lines. They are also unique in they are the only representations of B1 versions of the Vulcan and Victor which were very different to the B2/K2 versions.

Cheers Rob

I'd also love those three Rob, but three figure prices on e-bay tend to put me off! They're actually 3 of the few Frog kits I've never actually had - when they were readily available I was a completely dedicated 1/72 scale builder, so they were always the 'wrong' scale!! Of course, hindsight is a wonderful thing and I now think they're the ideal size for V bombers...!!

• Like 1

I got my Frog Vulcan off gum tree for 60 quid.

I really want to clone it someday. I think its important that this model is recreated. There are no Vulcan B1s left. and being so different to B2s it is unique and very unlikely we will ever see a new tool Vulcan B1 kit. Much as I think it would be great to see.

I can't understand why we havent seen more kits of vulcans vicors and valiants as they are extremely popular aircraft.

We seems to get everything else in every mark and version, spit, hurricane, meteor, hunter,canberra,buccaneer,lightning, etc etc. but not v bombers.

I really hope at some point in the future airfix will give us them. I am surprised we got tsr2, sea vixen, javelin, harrier gr1, Nimrod, valiant,

So I suppose its possible.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

I have thought of doing a certain vulcan in the snow with its tail being used as a bulb planter haha. but I dont think I would want to model a vulcan in that state.

Cheers Rob

Edited by robvulcan
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Precision Ice and Snow available from me at Cosford show £20 a set from the boot of my car, £10 cheeper than online. Collar me at the Bomber Command table. ;)

I will have a limited supply of the stuff with me. ;)

Edited by robvulcan

got any O's?

ok for us non train type people what scale is O & what is OO ( please don't say the scale is O & OO...I meant in 1/ feet inches) :hmmm:

it does look rather good stuff I must say

• Like 2

got any O's?

ok for us non train type people what scale is O & what is OO ( please don't say the scale is O & OO...I meant in 1/ feet inches) :hmmm:

it does look rather good stuff I must say

In the UK O gauge is 1/43, 7mm to the foot, in the US it's 1/48. OO is 1/76 or 4mm to the foot.

HTH

Keith

• 2 years later...

Thanks for that Rob..

Since you posted this we have increased our range of products to include different gardes of snow.

Also we now produce Winter Camo paint which can be applied to both Armour and Aircraft to reproduce field applied white paintwork which can be gradually removed to expose paintwork, insignia beneath.

Also we have extended and improved our ice sheet products and have added water of various hues to our expanding range of materials.

See here!

http://www.precisioniceandsnow.com/products.html

water9_zpsojvxfj82.jpg

Diorama%20Idea%20-%20No%20ice_zpsoehb0uh

G17_2941_zpskbwb44ij.jpg

DSCF0351_zpsy5fzns44.jpg

• Like 1