WOW - Just got 1/8 Lotus 72!

roymattblack

I just found this on ebay - just listed - made a ridiculously LOW offer, and it was ACCEPTED!!!!!

Yes, the UNBELIEVABLY rare 1/8 Lotus 72.

I might build it, but I might just sell it on as it was so CHEAP, I'd be daft to build/keep it!

What do you guys think????

Sell it or build it????

And NO -I'm not saying what I paid - it's a JOKE!!!

Roy.

jps79_zpse74bada2.jpg

The question is....

What model do you really lust after?

Could you sell the Lotus for enough to buy it?

Or, for enough to buy something else you need?

And, How big is the stash anyway?

Pete

(Colour me envious green)

So, how much do these normally go far ?. I'm not asking how much you paid for yours because that is very much your business but what is thevgoing rate. Reaon I ask is that I recall seeing a stack of these, gathering dust, in a shop in Italy not that long ago. I distinctly remember seeing them because, although not a fan myself, my brother is a F1 nut and a modeller and I was thinking about him...ended up buying some other 'rare' Tamiya kits which, again, were stacked up to the ceiling.

Mark

So, how much do these normally go far ?. I'm not asking how much you paid for yours because that is very much your business but what is thevgoing rate. Reaon I ask is that I recall seeing a stack of these, gathering dust, in a shop in Italy not that long ago. I distinctly remember seeing them because, although not a fan myself, my brother is a F1 nut and a modeller and I was thinking about him...ended up buying some other 'rare' Tamiya kits which, again, were stacked up to the ceiling.

Mark

The last one I was following on Ebay around 6 months ago went for £850.

I paid nothing like that.

Roy.

Just had a look on Ebay and you did get a bargain, nice to buy something, and know your not going to loose on it if you decide to sell on :thumbsup:

I actually made an offer considerably less than the asking price.

I was genuinely gobsmacked when it was accepted.

Roy.

All models are made to be built. Anyone gathering them with the intention of not building them is beyond the pale. So build it or sell it, so long as you don't sit on it unbuilt and gloat over your preciousss. And of course to sell it to a "collector" would be a sin too.

Racing cars aren't my bag, so if I'd happened upon this I'd have sold it on and devoted the proceeds to something I did build. Although I suspect, in fact, I wouldn't have known the first thing about its value and would have gone :gobsmacked: at the price without realising it was a bargain. How to vet the buyer to ensure (s)he's a builder? Er, well, ask me another ...

I just found this on ebay - just listed - made a ridiculously LOW offer, and it was ACCEPTED!!!!!

I might build it, but I might just sell it on as it was so CHEAP, I'd be daft to build/keep it!

Sell it or build it????

Roy.

jps79_zpse74bada2.jpg

Sell it or build it????

Roy.

jps79_zpse74bada2.jpg

keep it and buld it! i would sod what the collectors think! a kit is for building not hiding away in a collection collecting dust! besides it a classic.

That looks like a stunning model, 1/8th ! Wow - what a scale! I've just set up an eBay search filter in the vain hope that something similar is listed again.

Of course you have to build it... And then have an open day at your house so that we can all come and admire it and the McLaren, the GT40.. and all your other large-scale builds.

Roy - I'd also like to than you publicly for your kind donation of spare Gulf decals for my recently acquired Trumpeter Gt40.

• 2 weeks later...