1/350 Titanic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's absolutely fantastic, always had a passion for Titanic, from working at the yard in Belfast where it was built for a short while on an offshore project around 1999, to the film as well, folk can say what they like about James Cameron's Titanic ... but I absolutely loved it, have the Blu Ray and 3D versions, saw it on Cinema release, sat through the credits and until the lights went up ... have never seen so many people of all ages so moved, a daughter and her mother were hugging each other and crying, an old couple in front of me were talking about how wonderful it was as we all walked out into the damp rainy night, every one was moved, including me.

Have always wanted to do a big Titanic build, considered this kit once or twice, but dont know if I have the skills to pull it off? The rigging looks more complex than many WW1 models :)

Was there not a Trumpeter 1/200 Titanic? but was very inaccurate in bow profile? Perhaps in CAD? did it ever get released?

What an amazing build though of a very iconic ship, well done sir, that's about the best I've seen, well done indeed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, One 48 said:

That's absolutely fantastic, always had a passion for Titanic, from working at the yard in Belfast where it was built for a short while on an offshore project around 1999, to the film as well, folk can say what they like about James Cameron's Titanic ... but I absolutely loved it, have the Blu Ray and 3D versions, saw it on Cinema release, sat through the credits and until the lights went up ... have never seen so many people of all ages so moved, a daughter and her mother were hugging each other and crying, an old couple in front of me were talking about how wonderful it was as we all walked out into the damp rainy night, every one was moved, including me.

Have always wanted to do a big Titanic build, considered this kit once or twice, but dont know if I have the skills to pull it off? The rigging looks more complex than many WW1 models :)

Was there not a Trumpeter 1/200 Titanic? but was very inaccurate in bow profile? Perhaps in CAD? did it ever get released?

What an amazing build though of a very iconic ship, well done sir, that's about the best I've seen, well done indeed.

Thanks a lot for all the kind praise guys. It was an interesting project that I still have good memories from building. The rigging was complex, but doing all the correction was far more work. The rigging just took time and patience, quite enjoyable actually as it grew and got more complete with every hour spent.

I must admit that the movie has grown on me in later years, we watched it again a few months ago and it again was the best viewing of it I've had.

Trumpeter is about to release Titanic in 1:200, and I think I've even seen hints of a large after market detail set coming for it. But this time I think I'll pass on it. I think...

• Like 1