Hasegawa 1/48 TA-4F Skyhawk - Red 12 Aggressor

Here we go. Another great GB subject that I am looking forward to cracking into. The build will be this kit:

001_zpsb0c3aae6.jpg

With the following limited aftermarket...two seats from an Avionix single seat set

002_zpsae134b8b.jpg

And this scheme, from the Fightertown VA-127 "Cylons" Adversary sheet:

003_zpsd36d2566.jpg

Intend starting it maybe tonight, with an aim to have her done well before the cut off date, have an Eduard Spit I must start and complete for a Club GB by the end of the year.

Edited by kpc7676

• 1 month later...

Ok Guys,

Been busy with work and all of recent but the likelihood of a job change in the near future will mean the modelling time is set to return.

Cockpit is done and the fuselage is set to be closed up likely later today or tomorrow:

Cockpit:

014_zps49c59510.jpg

Reasonably happy with the decal instrument panels. Assembly here pretty basic and easy.

Seats:

016_zps2965c1fa.jpg

I had originally gone with Black Box ones but after I cut the bases off and test fitted them, I quickly changed to True Details. The Black Box ones are far too wide and would have needed considerable work to get to fit...the True Details ones virtually drop in with only a small amount of dremel work needed on one of them. I have only applied the base coat, further detail will be added later, no need to get them finished at this stage, they will go in as one of the last steps.

Intake:

017_zps4dd1c74c.jpg

Painted the silver first, them masked the fan blades up with blu tack prior to painting the white..off white to be exact.

Next up is the fuselage close and then the wings. Still plenty of time to get her done, and as said at the start, the likelihood of more modelling time emerging in the near future can only be beneficial for completing it pronto.

Edited by kpc7676
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...