Mach II RB-45C

That looks terrific. I've always liked that aeroplane. I think it's because of the 4 engines under the wings in those sleek nacelles.

Excellent work. Was it as hard to build as its reputation would indicate?

David

Very nice model, I remember well the B45 Tornadoes flying into RAF Burtonwood in the late 1950s, always caused a stir to us 'spotters'.

Robin

I live near Burtonwood, how I would of liked to have seen it when it was operational :(

Great build, particularly like the pic of it next to the RB-66

Mach II kit? "You're a braver man than I, Charlie Brown." considering what you startedwith, a fantastic model! :goodjob:

Hi Haydn

Mach 2 kit, you do realise that medals have been awarded for less.

Great job on an aircraft I was unfamiliar with. Really nice job and suitable encouragement to those of us with mach 2 kits in the stash who lack the bottle to start them ! :door:

Cheers Pat

Thanks for the kind words chaps ! It wasn't a quick build !!

Very nice model, I remember well the B45 Tornadoes flying into RAF Burtonwood in the late 1950s, always caused a stir to us 'spotters'.

Robin

Blimey Robin I'd love to have access to your memory !

Hi Haydn

Mach 2 kit, you do realise that medals have been awarded for less.

Great job on an aircraft I was unfamiliar with. Really nice job and suitable encouragement to those of us with mach 2 kits in the stash who lack the bottle to start them ! :door:

Cheers Pat

Sometimes Mach II is the only game in town (not in this case though - the Contrail vacform RB-45 is supposed to be a great model) so what can you do? I just wish they had better transparencies - I do know other Tornado builders have vacformed their own canopies and they make it look so much better.

Cheers,

Haydn.

Boy that's ugly! :lol: I suspect it would have been a lot uglier if you hadn't put a lot of effort in though... Speaking as another Mach 2 victim builder (Valiant, long before the Airfix kit), I can sympathise... now where's my blinkin' medal? :hmmm: