Attitude Adjustor the Dalek - Is Now Finished

georgeusa - Vision On (not One) - the logo was "Vision On" written in script, standing on it's side and mirrored - looked like a frog

One of the truly great kids shows. Memorable and innovative in so many ways

Talking of Vision On, there is a Doctor Who? connection, as at least one series featured Sylvester McCoy - the seventh doctor.

And here are the titles (including the frog - or is it a Dalek? - logo). Featuring self-same Mr McCoy, by the way.

http://youtu.be/w_xVnh8Z_NE

Edited by bhouse
  • Like 2

Lakeland have launched a range of dr who baking products so you can bake AA a dalek shaped cake.

I have seen those - they look like fun and I am thinking of getting AA some of them for Christmas (hush not a word - I want to keep it a surprise).

Talking of Vision On, there is a Doctor Who? connection, as at least one series featured Sylvester McCoy - the seventh doctor.

And here are the titles (including the frog - or is it a Dalek? - logo). Featuring self-same Mr McCoy, by the way.

That is not a frog - I think its supposed to be a grasshopper / cricket - it has antennas (another Dalek connection). Thanks for posting that, it was like a trip down memory lane.

Just out of curiosity, other than finding their location, how hard would one be to capture outside of their container, you know in the raw? It's not like they can run away (slither maybe). At some point they have to be out of the containor to be put in. Seems like you could just harvest a few at your leisure. Seems like your local deli would have them in the same aisle as octopus, squid, geoduck, Dalek.

In reference to this, have a look for the excellent tom baker in an episode called genesis of the daleks. It shows the correct method of storing a dalek outside of its shell.

• Like 1

There's a clip on youtube from Vision On featuring some Dalek choreography http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKgyL0xio-Y

I never could figure out how Tony Hart could draw or create those large scale artworks that you could only see from way above

• Like 1

Basic organisational skills you say !!! bah humbug..

Alien i say

I doubt anyone else in the universe has a freezer contents list ??

or maybe...just maybe,,,,,i am the Alien oh my god !!!!! or a Replicant ......arrrgggghhhhhhh

I need a drink

Any excuse

Cheers

where is Roy Batty when ya need him.....

Nigel isn't as anally retentive to an exponential degree (can an exponential be factorial?) as you all seem to think he is.

He didn't put a "use by" date beside the ice cube listing - see ! he's almost like the rest of us

No dates on your ice cubes - now that's throwing caution to the wind!

• Like 1

I have it on good authority that Sonic Screwdrivers have been banned in Scotland since 1895.

They are standard issue to Timelords and Tardis operation without one is punishable by Compulsory James Blunt.

Without one Nigel cannot be a Time Lord & so cannot have a Tardis. (He told me to say that) (Next week)

Vision On. Originally for deaf children, it gained cult status before there was such a thing.

Also check out Do Not Adjust Your Set. Another kids programme, repeated later so Adults could Watch it.

George, I heard the theme tune to the Banana Splits the other day. That brought back memories.

If the freezer list is that long. In which volume is Earth in the Galactic domination plan?

Squid? Eeewww. I'll have the chicken please Anything that needs that much flavour to make it palatable is not for me.

Dalek storage? Bucket?

Pete

• Like 2

He didn't put a "use by" date beside the ice cube listing - see ! he's almost like the rest of us

No dates on your ice cubes - now that's throwing caution to the wind!

Good point that hendie, I will revise my list accordingly.

After the Dalek and the TARDIS this was a simple (transdimensional) modification to make - it works wonders for home storage solutions. I think I will tackle the broom cupboard next, Davros will appreciate the extra space to run around in.

Edited by Nigel Heath
  • Like 1

Dalek Diary - Day 78

When the Heath household arose this morning we were greeted by an overnight snowfall. AA is very excited about this, I don't think they have much snow on Skaro, he is aware of the theoretical concept but has never seen it before. He immediately wants to get outside and start making a snow human (to be used for target practice later).

I explained that I have to go to work but can leave him outside to get on with it, he can always get back inside through the cat flap:

P1020891_zpsfff2b9c0.jpg

When I got home I discovered that I don't have a cat or a cat flap but he had managed to clamber through the letterbox. Apparently it was a tight squeeze and he is a bit miffed about the episode.

I have updated my freezer list to accord with hendie's thinking:

P1020892_zps30aa8bbf.jpg

Next week's RT arrives and helps to stoke the general growing buzz about the fast approaching 50th anniversary celebrations:

P1020893_zpsdbeca57e.jpg

I have seen some trailers for the special programme (program) to be broadcast on Saturday and it looks excellent.

Before I go to the committee meeting I have a little time to do some more construction. One side of the mesh infill is still lose:

P1020894_zpsbae22384.jpg

I have tried gluing this four times now and decide that a medium viscosity superglue might work best and so create this by mixing thin and thick:

P1020895_zpsb27ee77d.jpg

And then clamp it like this:

P1020896_zps5cf2eb23.jpg

I cleaned up the brass contact pads and just had time to connect the wires:

P1020897_zps7d140708.jpg

I then set off for the meeting with AA under my arm.

This is Alistair, the true electronics genius, who should be able to sort out the PCB (he has an oscilloscope and everything):

P1020898_zpsfd7fc054.jpg

I will miss the little feller but all being well I should get him back tomorrow evening.

That's it for now but I will keep going with the contact pads.

Edited by Nigel Heath
  • Like 2

You do know the gentleman you left AA with will mysteriously disappear tonight. What do you think the consequences of hooking AA up to a power circuit to "test" his connections will result in. Strange mechanical laughter next to a anthill of carbon based powder with a pair of glasses resting on top.

By the way, did no one stop to celebrate page 55. How quickly they become jaded.

• Like 4

The gentleman will be fine, as Doctor Who will thwart AA's attempts to take over the world, all before Nigel picks him up!! "Alastair" of course will recall none of it as he will have been "wiped" of the incident.

*gets coat, the white one that fastens behind my back*

Edited by PZRGREN
  • Like 1