Attitude Adjustor the Dalek - Is Now Finished

Of course I have built a TARDIS, after making my Dalek it was but a trivial thing. Hendie was right however and I did have some bonding issues - all the walls fell off. So I was left with a naked TARDIS, it still worked quite well but it was a bit drafty.

• Like 1

....the floured squid pieces will be cooked in two minutes, the tentacles in just one minute.

which is why most people say they don't like squid - 'cos it's been cooked for longer and goes like rubber.

Properly, and I stress - properly - cooked squid is absolutely delicious

• Like 2

The Squid looks delicious. Growing up on the Gulf Coast as a shrimper and shrimper's son, we ate anything and everything the nets caught. Fish, octopus, shrimp, crab, squid, turtle, dolphin, shark whatever was too slow or too stupid to not get caught. Squid was a treat after you removed the beak. Good for you cooking the meat different from the tentacles. Tentacles become rubbery as Hendie said when overcooked. Usually can't stand to eat it in restaurants as it is invaribly overcooked. Liked your sauce also. Now I'm hungry and still at work. Rats!!!

• Like 1

Now you've gone and made me wonder what happened to Tony Hart after Vision On?

Now back to the Internet and more research. Another foray into the delightful unknown resulting in another jewel from this thread. Never heard of Tony Hart, Vision One. Now I have some rudimentary knowledge I might never have run across except for this thread. For a guy with ADD this is great. Now on to page 54!!

• Like 1

By the way, do you realize you are very close to the same page count and replies as Shark with his Huey Medavac? Now he has considerable more views, but his thread has been up since 2010. But as far as replies and pages, you two are very close. Way to go. Keep it up and surpass him.

georgeusa - Vision On (not One) - the logo was "Vision On" written in script, standing on it's side and mirrored - looked like a frog

One of the truly great kids shows. Memorable and innovative in so many ways

Edited by hendie
  • Like 2

By the way, do you realize you are very close to the same page count and replies as Shark with his Huey Medavac? Now he has considerable more views, but his thread has been up since 2010. But as far as replies and pages, you two are very close. Way to go. Keep it up and surpass him.

AA and I are very competitive, as you may have noticed. Shark's thread is like an incredible modelling jewel but as you say it has been running for years and is like an old knacker compared to this vigorous and young thread of ours. We shall strive for the SUPREME PLACE!!!.

AA made me say that.

Edited by Nigel Heath
  • Like 2

As is dictated by my own OCD issues, I keep a regularly updated list of the stuff in my freezer - tonight I have to delete the squid content:

P1020888_zpsa9a7e3db.jpg

For the contact pads I cut out some brass squares:

P1020889_zpsa83e7c6e.jpg

I will deburr and finish these another night:

P1020890_zpsb677399e.jpg

For tonight I am feeling quite tired and need to get my beauty sleep.

Bye for now,

Nigel

• Like 1

As is dictated by my own OCD issues, I keep a regularly updated list of the stuff in my freezer - tonight I have to delete the squid content:

P1020888_zpsa9a7e3db.jpg

The list scares me more than the Dalek. Not only are the drawers in your refrigerator inventoried and catogorized, but they are also dated and weighted. This is organization taken to a whole 'nother level and it scares me. It's even color coded. And you wonder why some of us doubt your human origins.

• Like 5

I cant wait to show my wife how to organise fridge/freezer content!! Awesume work Nigel. Have you hads suet since 2010?! And you have alot of nuts! ;-)

(I suspect I might get a clip around my ear)

• Like 1

I am fascinated that my freezer list has generated so much interest. To me it just seems like basic organisational skills.

On the suet, with the chaos in my life a while back, things did go a bit haywire and I lost track of a few things hence the question marks. I am sure it is still edible though - things like this keep for ages in the freezer.

On the nuts and seeds - this is a top tip - they keep pretty much indefinitely in the freezer so I can have a large selection always to hand at my cooking finger tips.

• Like 1

Basic organisational skills you say !!! bah humbug..

Alien i say

I doubt anyone else in the universe has a freezer contents list ??

or maybe...just maybe,,,,,i am the Alien oh my god !!!!! or a Replicant ......arrrgggghhhhhhh

I need a drink

Any excuse

Cheers

where is Roy Batty when ya need him.....

• Like 1