Attitude Adjustor the Dalek - Is Now Finished

Dalek Diary - Day 79

The news today is that there isn't really going to be a Dalek Diary update. I have just spoken to Alistair (I forgot to ask him about his UNIT days and meeting the Doctor) and he is still working on the PCB. He has found a few more track breakages and he wasn't very complimentary about my soldering work - he said he is redoing it all. A bit rude I think and dispite his help he is clearly aligned to the wrong side and may have to go on my extermination list (which is already quite long).

Hopefully it will all be sorted tomorrow night and I can resume work on the finishing touches ready for Saturday.

All I can do tonight is carry on with the tidy up and make plans for my next project.

Bye for now,

Nigel

Good question hendie,

I am thinking of this:

P1020902_zpsbd82d62d.jpg

I already have some after market PE on order.

I was thinking about the Revell Ar555 but that could go into the What If? GB which will start God knows what time next year.

My thinking in selecting it are that I like to ring the changes between builds, I have nearly finished an old vacformed scifi kit that I have had for decades so it would be nice to build a new, modern kit. I have not built a rotor craft since the Rotodyne and the scheme I want to do this in is very attractive. I was not sure how I would feel about making a little aircraft kit after AA, but after fondling the sprues a few times I soon got the bug back.

Oh yes, page 56 - now we are talking.

Only another miserly 44 to go g-usa!!! (If I may call you that?)

Of course. However, to a different topic. I take it you spoke with your friend over the phone, not in person regarding his work on AA. And he said it would take a bit longer than he thought it would. That's because he is now a pile of lawn fertilizer and you spoke with AA who was using a voice synthesizer. What plot does AA have that he needs time away from you? HMMM. . .

• Like 5

Go for the banana! Would enjoy seeing this get built. What scheme are you thinking about or is that going to be part of the suprise?

*** for what it's worth, German SAR livery looks nice :) not sure if you'd have to convert this kit though?

Edited by milktrip

Go for the banana! Would enjoy seeing this get built. What scheme are you thinking about or is that going to be part of the suprise?

Thanks Aaron, Its not a secret, this is the scheme I would like to exicute:

71ynWLsPI1L._SL1500_.jpg

I like the silver and bright colours and Japanese script. Should be fun.

• Like 5

Of course. However, to a different topic. I take it you spoke with your friend over the phone, not in person regarding his work on AA. And he said it would take a bit longer than he thought it would. That's because he is now a pile of lawn fertilizer and you spoke with AA who was using a voice synthesizer. What plot does AA have that he needs time away from you? HMMM. . .

We shall see if Alistair and his entire family have been vaporized when I call round tonight. I think it unlikely, I have managed to instil some manners in AA and I think he knows that killing people who are trying to help you is considered very impolite. He will definitely wait until the repairs have been completed anyway.

Edited by Nigel Heath
  • Like 1

Needs a SUPERDRY sticker on the side.

There's something very Retro & yet Bladerunner about that machine.

Hmmm

Bigger wheels, More intakes, Turbine exhaust, Advanced rotors, Gunpack, weathering.

Oooooohhhh.

1/48th?

I wonder.

• Like 2

Dalek Diary - Day 77

P1020881_zps9d2155d5.jpg

I will score the inner surfaces of the squid tubes like this:

P1020882_zps6ffbc9ba.jpg

They will then be cut into strips and assembled into a pile like this alongside the tentacles:

P1020884_zps140d4160.jpg

Don't be fooled, that's not squid, that's raw Daleks out of their shell. Nigel is making new Daleks!

Duncan B

Too much SciFi. My containment suit must be punctured. Got to get back to Aviation RFI before it's too....................

• Like 3

Dalek Diary - Day 80

I got a call from Alistair at about 8.15 this evening to say that everything was fixed (with a few caveats) and the red lights were now working; AA was ready for collection.

When I got to Alistair's house I was relieved to find it was still standing and had not been reduced to a pile of smoking rubble:

P1020908_zpsf72dfcec.jpg

In Alistair's kitchen I saw that all his lights were working, the flash rate was now way too slow though and I will have to find some intermediate value of resistor to get it just right:

P1020907_zps95847845.jpg

He did not seem to have suffered too much while away from home and on returning was interested in my next project:

P1020910_zps1be05e45.jpg

Alistair had mentioned that there might be a problem with one of the wires comming out of the neck, leading to an intermittent fault. I will have to investigate but that and things like airbrushing out are out of the question at this time of night. I might do a little clean up and retouching of the paint finishes.

Bye for now,

Nigel

• Like 2

Well because the PCB will be sealed up in the shoulder section - access will only be possible in extreme circumstances i.e. breaking the shoulder to neck joint. I will make this deliberately weak for just such eventualities but clearly don't want to do this as a matter of routine.

I like the incontinent Dalek on a teatowel picture.

BTW,

Dalek speech patterns are based on Adolf Hitler.

Not a lot of people know that.

Mostly because I just made it up.

Having just heard Daleks on Radio 2.

But, Listen to his rallies.

It kind of makes sense.

Pete

(Still on the dried Frog pills)

Edited by Pete in Riyadh
  • Like 3

I like the incontinent Dalek on a teatowel picture.

You can't be too careful, you never know when the digestive residue vent port is going to activate.

Actually you are not too far wrong, the Daleks philosophy and culture is based on the Nazis. Evil little beggars.

• Like 1

Just wondering ...Does AA have any interest in test cricket at all ??

I am afraid not, he has no interest in sport of any kind.

and will he be watching the Doctor Who special at all ??

Of course, he is very excited about it and we will both be glued to it - watching the actual transmission and not a recording. Its a shame we don't have 3D capability.

He has misplaced confidence in the Daleks winning this time.