Airfix 1/72 Gloster Gladiator MkIII/J8A A02063 Box art

Richard M

Airfix's boxart these days is just FANTASTIC! There's a fascinating thread here on BM describing a visit by IPMS Ipswich to Airfix - apparently, Airfix re-uses the 3D CAD drawings for the artwork - they rotate the digital model to the correct aspect for the intended boxart image and then drape the skin over the top. This is, IMHO, a very smart re-use of data they need for the model...and the results speak for themselves.

Please, PLEASE keep this up Airfix. These are your new glory days!!!

That is beautiful CGI work! As this kit is for a Mk.II, it appears that it also comes with the three-bladed Fairey-Reed propeller (look at the British example on the box). Now definitely on my to-have list! Just what I need to add to my small but growing East African Campaign collection.

Regards,

Jason

If I remember correctly these F19 markings were used very short period. Maybe only during return flight to Sweden.

Indeed, they were applied over the Finnish swastika's for the brief period between the end of the Winter War and F19 arriving back at its home base and repainting into Swedish markings. IIRC total time was just under a week or so.

They're still arguably the most interesting set of markings worn by Gladiators.