F8F-1B Bearcat, L`Armee De L`Air, Indochina

Hi Everyone

Finished my Hobby Boss 1/48 Bearcat the other day, so I thought I`d share some pic`s with you

SAM_6430_zpsf1ed07a8.jpg

Done as an aircraft of L`Armee De L`Air, G.C.1/22, Savitange, French Indochina, Mid 1950s

SAM_6434_zpsf0db4af1.jpg

To go with my small collection of aircraft from the conflict

SAM_6433_zps098de2ed.jpg

Built OOB including markings, only additions being; some wire antenna and engine embellishments, seat belts

SAM_6431_zps9ae8b881.jpg

sway braces and fuses for the bombs

SAM_6436_zpsef311d50.jpg

Very heavily weathered as plenty of photo`s show these aircraft to be

SAM_6439_zps72c58ff0.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at...

Thanks for looking, Russ

• Like 12

Hello Russ,

The Groupe de chasse name is GC 1/22 saintonge.

This is the name of an ex-Province on the Atlantic coast.

Hi Antoine, My apologies for getting it wrong, I copied it from the instructions and it`s also spelled like that in a popular hobby mag I used as reference.

Hope it didn`t spoil it too much.

Top notch modelling Russ, what did you use for the weathering.

Tim.

Cheers Tim, just pencil, enamels, short stiff brush and thumb as per the Firefly last week only on a heavier scale. ( I posted my weathering methods on the Firefly post in response to a request, it`s toward the end if you`re interested )

Thanks to every one for your interest and kind comments !

Great work Russ and really nicely done believable weathering, going to have a look at your firefly thread to pick up some tips for the next build.

Seen a few knockers of the HB Bearcat re: accuracy but seen a few built up now and to me it looks a great kit, def one to add to the stash,

Stu

• Like 1

Cheers Tim, just pencil, enamels, short stiff brush and thumb as per the Firefly last week only on a heavier scale. ( I posted my weathering methods on the Firefly post in response to a request, it`s toward the end if you`re interested )

Ok cheers Russ,I'll take a look in there then, its always interesting to see different folks methods.
  • Like 1