Madness, boredom and MS Paint!

wellsprop

Hi all,

Well I've spent my summer holiday (I'm in 6th form so I have a summer holiday ;) ) recovering from an operation so I can't do anything particularly active other than walking. As you can imagine, being a teen, I get bored being sat at home (yes, yes, I know I should be making models!). Anyway... this is the result of my mind wandering into what-ifery... I hope someone finds these at least vaguely interesting :P

First up is a Spitfire Mk I with bubble canopy

MADNESS_zps197f1a13.jpg

As well as a Tigermoth fitted with a 345hp Armstrong Siddley Cheetah radial engine.

These two are in a previous topic of mine. They are based roughly around Alex Henshaw's idea of moving rear the cockpit on the PR Spits...

d571ec98ec_zps1b411610.jpg

I'll probably do a couple more tomorrow...

Ben.

• 1 month later...

I like the bottom one, but the view out of the cockpit would be horribly limited :( Isn't that basically the DH Hornet anyway? :)

I'd take the first option with the second pilot replaced by a fuel tank for additional range as the most viable and rational. That's the way the German were going with their 109Z afterall.

You do realise, I trust, that in a few months they'll turn up on a Russian (or French) website as authentic WWII airframes and colour schemes?

Haha, that will keep us all amused ;)

I like the bottom one, but the view out of the cockpit would be horribly limited :( Isn't that basically the DH Hornet anyway? :)

I'd take the first option with the second pilot replaced by a fuel tank for additional range as the most viable and rational. That's the way the German were going with their 109Z afterall.

Yeah, the problem with having the "pod racer" style is the pilot wouldnt be able to see the target he was taking pictures of (however im sure some genius would have come up with a mirror/fibre optic sight...

The first option has two cockpits in order to allow a multi-crew aircraft meaning the range would be greater as crews could take turns to sleep. the aircraft essentially only has two wings and because the middle wing has no tip, there is no vortex creating huge drag. So the fuel efficiency is greater as is the top speed :P

Ben.

I've done an early low back Spitfire, although I started with an Airfix Vb.

You might be able to find it in amongst all the other whiffed Spitfires I'v finished here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234941197-the-alternate-spitfire-v-pic-heavy/

There's some better shots of it here (http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,30676.0.html) but you have to be a member to see them.

Edited by The wooksta V2.0

With some minor modification the bottom artwork could make an interesting canard/pusher arrangement in the style of Burt Rutan?

Something like this?

Eep_zpsef76f1b6.jpg

Nose would be an extra fuel tank to sort out the CoG?

• Like 1