Fiesler Storch, Fi 156 Storch & Diorama 1/32

Been at this for about a month , had a lot of hair pulling and lot of FUN do-ing this , carpet monster struck a few times plus a couple of shortages with the kit (ebay) BUT, that said its done and here is the finished project please bear in mind its my first time trying something like this , if going to do again dont think i would use the 1/32 scale the storch is bloody big lol,

I done it at first with a Tunisian house but ditched house as i felt it was to large and squezed up the figures and aircraft .

Remember go easy on me .

null_zpsa3819df3.jpg

null_zps8d76cf87.jpg

null_zpsc6e70044.jpg

null_zps0fb11c8b.jpg

null_zps458b08d8.jpg

null_zps5e422350.jpg

null_zpse65eeaec.jpg

null_zps9c125e68.jpg

Edited by fallmonk
  • Like 4

That's great, you're right about the house squeezing it up a bit. On another note, it might be worth seeing what it looks like without the figures with the weapons. The wingspan on that Storch is deceptively big though! Great diorama, nice to see.

• Like 1

Really great job and in 1/32 scale no one can accuse you of doing things by half !

Can I ask who the kubelwagen is made by. I have a Heller one, yours looks great, what are you going to build next ?

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

That's great, you're right about the house squeezing it up a bit. On another note, it might be worth seeing what it looks like without the figures with the weapons. The wingspan on that Storch is deceptively big though! Great diorama, nice to see.

I tried what you Suggested Parabat, looks good a lot more focus on the storch,hope you like ,

null_zpsa048a1d8.jpg

null_zps010e3272.jpg

null_zpsdc59324a.jpg

Really great job and in 1/32 scale no one can accuse you of doing things by half !

Can I ask who the kubelwagen is made by. I have a Heller one, yours looks great, what are you going to build next ?

Cheers Pat

Cheers mate , its a Tamiya 1/35 Kubelwagen , great wee kit goes together with ease ,

hope the heller one is as much fun .

Next on the cards is a Tamiya 1/48 Lanc either dambusters (prob) or the Gran slam version,

altho i have got a nice Skyraider that keeps catching my eye from the stash lol

Edited by fallmonk

That really is a big Storch in 32nd scale. With the exception of those with the Kubelwagen the figures look like the Airfix Afrika Corps

Correct sir well spotted , could only use a 3 out the collection with out resulting in major surgery ;-)

Lovely kit and well built (got an unbuilt one in the loft but just put my foot through the ceiling so its staying there!!) cool palm trees a diorama always puts finished models in context superb effort

• Like 1

Hi Fallmonk

Good luck with the Lancaster build I have always fancied one especially in that scale, make sure you keep in touch with the work in progress so we can encourage you through the low points. :winkgrin:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Cheers Pat,

Can guarantee I won't be doing a Diorama for the Lanc its bloody HUGE , think the mrs would kick me out lol

Look on the bright side if you did do a diorama for it you could use real tarmac for the runway and tell the Mrs it's a new driveway :winkgrin:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Lovely looking dio, the exclusion of the house was the right decision, imo, it frees up the overall scope of the

setting very well. The Storch looks great too,

Sean