Alley cat Bf109B conversion Ready for inspection

While building this project i was following a couple of other Alley Cat Bf109 builds on other forums and both came to an abrupt halt around the same point of construction ,that being attaching the nose to the fuselage to the wings.

When i got to this stage i decided to go with a mix of the other methods and it worked for me . I recon it must have taken over 50 dry fits and many nights of sanding and cutting. Love the process of seeing the parts slowly come together and trying to work out which areas to trim.

Here is my Messerschmitt Bf109B-1 in factory fresh finish

P1130773.jpg

P1130771.jpg

P1130770-Copy.jpg

P1130770.jpg

• Like 3

Excellent result, there is no sign of the battle you faced getting the forward fuselage pieces to match up. Very good work and a nice clean crisp example just awaiting its first flieger to come and get it airborne!

• Like 1

Thanks Col and parabat .Good to get this one done and now looking forward to next project with enthusiasm toped up to 100% .

By the way I have the other Alley cat 2 blade prop if any one wants it .

Having done one of these myself, I know what you mean about the terrors of test-fitting. Your result is truly excellent.

• Like 1

Looks great Alistair, been looking forwards to seeing this one come together since the GB and you've done a really neat job of it. All the dry fitting and sanding has worked a treat cos you cant see any evidence of it - will have to keep that in mind as im just starting to fit the DACO on nose on the academy spitfire mk XIV I have (got to do it before someone brings out a decent mk XIV!).

Glad to see your back in the swing of things, whats next on the bench?

Stu

• Like 1

Looks great Alistair, been looking forwards to seeing this one come together since the GB and you've done a really neat job of it. All the dry fitting and sanding has worked a treat cos you cant see any evidence of it - will have to keep that in mind as im just starting to fit the DACO on nose on the academy spitfire mk XIV I have (got to do it before someone brings out a decent mk XIV!).

Glad to see your back in the swing of things, whats next on the bench?

Stu

HI Stu

Thanks Stu .

Know what you mean about good kits arriving just after you finish a conversion . I did the Fusion Ta152 C conversion about six months before Hobby boss released theirs .

Just finnishing off Hobby Boss Spit vb which has been marroned on the bench for past 18 months .

Next new project is an Airfix 1/72 Dornier Do 217 for the obsolete kit Group build starting mid Sept.

Great model, thank you sharing and showing your model using my Alley Cat conversion.

cheers Ali

Thanks Ali

you have made a Top notch product at a Fantastic value .

Howabout a DB605 Engine Conversion Kit

for Spitfire v useing hobby Boss kit recon it would sell well.