1/32 Revell Duo&LS8-T glides

I haven't posted much of late, I have been building though and here are the 2 gliders from Revell

both were a joy to build apart from a few shot sentences while putting the nose decals on.

The picks are not the best but I shell take some better ones when I can

DSCF2499_zps51f0dfd3.jpg

DSCF2495_zps8f6450c3.jpg

DSCF2497_zps76d160ca.jpg

DSCF2501_zpsbbd04213.jpg

DSCF2498_zps4c4997c8.jpg

DSCF2502_zps5e8c7163.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work - I always understood fibreglass gliders were overall white to reflect heat, which weakens the structure. As far as I'm aware there were restrictions on the area which could be coloured, for the same reason. http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/fileadmin/TN-DG/service-infos/2011-72-e.pdf

A gaggle of soaring gliders are very visible and very pretty in white to my mind, especially when looked at from above!

Edited by Scratcher

I wish I could say that I wanted to be different by painting the one blue but the truth is that I ran out of whit paint

at the time i was building it. I was tempted to do it in some form of camo but could not decide what camo to do

so just went with the blue

• Like 1

There's plenty of scope for imaginative schemes in the older plywood/fabric machines - no colour restrictions there, and some shapes that are very different from the T tailed plastic lookalikes which dominate the sky nowadays - OK, it's function over form which dictates that the most efficient designs must look very similar, but there's a lot of fun to be had flying the veterans, designed when aerodynamics were less advanced and different ideas were tried.

Having had a look at them side by side in the display case I am of the mind that a bit of colour looks

better than just white but I think they should be multi coloured just to break the colour up because

looking at the blue one it just dose not look right so maybe some other colour stripes to break up the

blue would have been a better way to go :undecided: