Seat Belts USAF?

Spookytooth

Yes, khaki would be fine. Say a greenish shade of khaki. Belts tend to vary with some closer to the brown shade and others greener. Sometime it's possible to see diferent shades on the same seat

Khaki Drab? Tamiya XF 51?

it would be interesting to see what is or what was the standard for US military aircraft through to now

The seats made by the aircraft manufacturers that didn't have a parachute as part of the seat (think Century Series and T-33/T-37/T-38) as opposed to those using a standard seat with a parachute fitted such as Martin Baker or the ACES/Escapac series generally had a grey-green lap belt, very light silver-gray shoulder harness (which quickly got dirty and turned a medium gray) with an olive drab seat man separator, once that was fitted. The lap belts by that point weren't simple belts but had release mechanisms built into them for ejection, so they became pretty standardized. The ACES series reverses that color scheme: light gray lap belts with gray-green shoulder harness, plus adds the green-gray survival kit attachment straps. I would have to double check on the Martin Baker and Escapac seats, since I didn't fly anything equipped with them.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

I should make clear that my initial comment on the colour of the belts is based on the study of pictures of seats used in aircrafts like the F-84G and F and the F-86, so relevant to the question originally asked by the OP. Most pictures I've seen show that kind of colour (with many variations within the range of course).

As others have well illustrated, other seats have used belts of very different colours.

Speaking of the paint to use, I'm not familiar with Tamiya XF-51 so can't comment on that. Humbrol used to have a colour in its authentics series named Khaki Drill that was meant to replicare the colour of the webbing on British WW2 soldiers and I always found this a very good base. Today I usually mix some green and some light tan varying the proportion to achieve different colours.