Airfix 1:72 Jubiliee Tucano

Well folks here is my first post for the forum!

My little man was born back in May 2012 and I wanted to build him something to go onto his shelf from his dad :)

Anyway when I saw this kit come along I managed to bag myself one.

I finally manged to finish it a few weeks ago and must say I really enjoyed this kit even though the odd decal was tricky.

Safe to say it now has pride of place in the little mans nursery and is the only model SWMBO allows on display in the house or is remotley interested in!

Anyway hope you like as much as I do?

Rich

P.S Sorry about images being huge...still yet to get to grips with uploading them!

P1030328_zps3af54292.jpg

P1030330_zps85e1fb22.jpg

P1030333_zps87850f0b.jpg

P1030335_zps73ccff7c.jpg

P1030337_zps9179b277.jpg

P1030339_zps6955e147.jpg

P1030341_zps18edd042.jpg

P1030346_zpsaef7fedc.jpg

P1030347_zpsb847528b.jpg

Edited by roconnell
  • Like 5

Nice!!! And I wish your son all the very best for his future life!

I see no problem with the size of your images!

That is a lovely build: did you have huge gaps at the aileron leading edges on the upper surfaces and very thick elevator trailing edges? Mine's waiting for some ballast weights before I can kick off final assembly: I just hope it turns out half as well as yours has.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys much appreciated :-)

Parabat - The canopy fit was not too bad needing a little file here and there also only needed a small amount of gap filling for which the Kristal Klear did the job.

As for your question stever129 I did have some gaps but did not need too much filling with putty...in fact I managed to use some super surfacer my mate gave me that did the trick :-)As for ballast this was a problem once the main body was painted needing me to add some liquid gravity via small drill holes where the exhausts would go as to hide drill holes :-)

Edited by roconnell