Nasi se vraceji - The Boys are Back - Eduard Dual Combo

robertgreen94

Howdy all,

The post man just delivered this from those good old boys in the Czech Republic.

9587938708_9350a3e973.jpg

A while back Eduard launched a limited edition dual combo for their new Spitfire, to commemorate the anniversary of the Czechoslovak fighter squadrons returning home from the United Kingdom on August 13, 1945.

The kit was also offered on its own or with this nifty reproduction of a RAF kit bag which I did not need, but defiantly wanted. The bag is of very good quality and will be well used for hauling stuff.

The box is fairly large and has some great artwork showing two clipped winged spitfires

9587938620_7c9ea2049a.jpg

I am not going to review the kit as its your standard Eduard Spitfire Mk.IXc, and there are better reviews out there that I could possibly do. I thought however I would show you what's different about the kit.

The kit, being a dual combo comes with two kits, duh. Two sets of masks, two sets of stencils and two sets of Eduard's Brassin parts. There are the one set of 4 spoke tread and two sets 5 spoke smooth wheels, along with two 90 gal sipper tanks.

You get some nice photo-etch for the cockpit and then you get these!

9587938126_4471db679f.jpg9587937990_6089f5aa90.jpg

Decals for no less than 39 options! So many they need their own booklet that's 3 times thicker than the instructions.

Here are just 4 of the options available. Between this and the royal class i have enough to do a squadron :-)

9585147281_07bef27ab3.jpg9585147323_84d48cbb19.jpg

The kit also come with a commemorative postcard, and envelope with a stamp that the Check post office designed for the anniversary.

9585146737_dc1b559b07.jpg

There a a couple of reasons I got this, one the gobs of decals to keep me happy with Spitfire choices till the cows come home. Two the neat kit bag, but most of all, a portion of the sales will go to the Czech veterans association, so it my way of saying thank you for those that helped to defended a country that was not their own.

Overall a nice set, yes maybe more than you could have gotten it separately, but then thats the point of a Limited Edition, its limited.

Can't wait to get started, but which of the 39, or the 12 from the royal class do i go with...... I think i need some overtrees.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 1

Got mine too, only two days after the release (13 AUG). It is more or less the same as the royal edition. More decals, less brassin, and a book in Czech! The booklet following the decals is also in Czech, but an English translation of the subtitles to the different versions can be found on Eduard's website.

OK, are beginning to save Money for next year's output by Eduard (Mks VIII, XI, and XVI).

NPL

• 5 weeks later...

Not much in the way of Israeli decals, the Black one, White 26 with the cartoon of the Phoenix with a spitfire, and one more. The "26" is also in the royal edition. Sky decals made almost every Spitfire in Israeli service.

NPL

I have been hunting for one, purely because I am trying to get hold of the Israeli decals. Anyone willing to sell/part with these?

Thanks

Sean

I have Ventura decal sheet V4813 that has decals for black 64 (IXc)of the 2nd Fighter Squadron (black and yellow stripes on the tail)

and it also has white 26 (IXe)of the 1st Fighter Squadron with a unit badge and red and white stripes for the rudder.

drop me a PM or email as I only got the sheet to do the Kiwi Corsair.

I have Ventura decal sheet V4813 that has decals for black 64 (IXc)of the 2nd Fighter Squadron (black and yellow stripes on the tail)

and it also has white 26 (IXe)of the 1st Fighter Squadron with a unit badge and red and white stripes for the rudder.

drop me a PM or email as I only got the sheet to do the Kiwi Corsair.

The Ventura White 26's badge is not very accurate to say it least. So it is not an alternative.

If it is still available, this is a better option:

Techmod Decals 48064A Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX

Mk.IX, White 26, 101 Sqdn, IAF

Mk.IX, Black 10, 101 Sqdn, IAF

However, this combo from Eduard is not a bad buy: two complete kits, and two extra sets of wing + the marvelous decal sheets, although maybe not even the Czechs will build all of them. But it will not be your first choice if you intend to build only one Efuard Spitfire.

NPL