favourite sci-fi as a kid.

ozz

Hello, my favourite as a not-so-young kid was Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. Not the film, the TV series.

That is the ultimate answer to life, the universe and everything...

Kind regards, Ray

Guys I'm floored no one has mentioned this one........ Star Blazers ......... Japanese sci fi animation from the late seventies. Yamato turned into a space battleship sent to Iskandah to get something that would save Earth from the bad dudes, doesn't get any better than that does it.

There was a live action Japanese release a couple of years ago called space battleship Yamato based on the cartoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Ug4sCxfdM

This is the scifi show from my little dude years, I watched the others mentioned but this is the one I really remember :)

Where it all started of course. Probably the best radio series - ever.

There was the radio series, the towel, the world's first 'user hostile' computer game, the books, the TV series and the film, ALL in conflict with each other. Canon-wise it's a mess.

Sas that hoopy frood Douglas Adams, there was a guy who definitely didn't know where his towel was.

Trevor Dent

Guys I'm floored no one has mentioned this one........ Star Blazers ......... Japanese sci fi animation from the late seventies. Yamato turned into a space battleship sent to Iskandah to get something that would save Earth from the bad dudes, doesn't get any better than that does it.

There was a live action Japanese release a couple of years ago called space battleship Yamato based on the cartoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Ug4sCxfdM

This is the scifi show from my little dude years, I watched the others mentioned but this is the one I really remember :)

great trailer, the ship coming up from the depths is awesome!, but the music sounds like they stole it from an early western movie.