favourite sci-fi as a kid.

ozz

I try not to think about the 22" FAB 1 model, or the 20" Supercar that I had until only a few years ago, that I had to sell to survive a bl--dy expensive divorce.....

BOTH were sold on Ebay for around £80 each........

They were amazing studio models that would now be worth goodness-knows what, but if I still had them, they would NOT be sold.

I also recall many years ago having a student in one of my classes, who's grandfather was a security guard at the studio complex where Gerry Anderson was based in Elstree or Borehamwood (?)

He also worked on the Star Wars sound stage.....

Whilst there, he 'acquired' a very tatty Virgil Tracy puppet, and much later, a fantastic Star Wars Speeder bike model, complete with a Storm-trooper rider.

I had BOTH models in my classroom for a long time back in the '80's, sitting on my desk.

I wonder where they all are now???

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack

Also, anyone remember The Champions???

Alexandra Bastedo.... Coooorrrrr...............

Cooor yes, I think she gave my first "feelings", I agree with pretty much all the rest of the above.

Yes I remember Moonbase 3 - at the Smallspace show, Matt Irvine still has soem of the models he made for the series. I also remember Fiona Gaunt as the doctor who was very well proportioned!

Alexandra Bastedo as Sharon in the Champions... such a glamorous name :)

Remember Department S?

Really loved most of the ones mentioned, Star Trek, Babylon 5,V,Captain scarlet, etc. But i read earlier about a series set on the moon, which i thnk was called Star Cops. Plus, there was one set on a strange planet that had 26 hour days and had one of the actors from Knot's Landing in :shutup: :shutup: (i'm not admitting to ever watching it though, SWMBO made me honest), they were police officers i think. Anyway, really lked it.

Space precinct!

All of the above but space1999, UFO and Blakes were the best, didn't really care about the plots just loved eagles/shado mobiles/liberator.

No mention of 'tripods' or 'day of the triffids' yet tho!

Play.com have a selection of Marvel Cartoons on DVD;

Sub-Mariner etc for One pound Fifty.

And I'm happy 'cos thanks to this thread I've found

Les-Maítres du temps

Which probably explains my love of anime.

Just ordered it from Amazon, 8.99.

Dead chuffed. But I don't get home again until Christmas!

Found another series on Amazon called, Star Maidens. From the early 70's.

Sounds like Are You Being served in Space!

Pete

Edited by Pete in Riyadh

I know this isn't in the same league as other sci-fi shows! but there was a cartoon series called "BLEEP and BOOSTER"

seem to remember it used to be shown in episodes within "BLUE PETER"!.

I remember that - it wasn't even animated but shown as a series of still drawings that the camera would pan across. Booster was a young boy with big round specs who had an alien friend called Bleep, who would turn up from time to time and take him away into space for an adventure. I don't know if they ever did a story showing how the pair met up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleep_and_Booster

http://www.toonhound.com/bleepboost.htm

It were a simpler age back then - kids today with their CGI and their eyepads, they don't know they're born.... <wanders off grumbling>

• Like 1

So many, way back when, the sixties was rich pickings indeed and difficult to choose any one show, probably original series Star Trek,Time Tunnel, Voyage to the bottom of the sea, Lost in Space and The Invaders, for UK stuff, Thunderbirds and Stingray but for obscure stuff I always enjoyed Timeslip, Doomwatch and The Champions....and yes I do remember Bleep and Booster !! Gawd love 'em.

Overall though if I had to pick a favourite, from back then, (and that is the point of the thread !), then it would have to be original Twilight Zone and Outer Limits when first aired.....................or maybe The Prisoner ! :shrug:

Star Wars was out of this world in the "create impressions on young boys" stakes.

Loved Blakes 7, even got the boxed set! Makes me wonder why I liked it?

Space 1999 was a must as a child, I look into the sky at night now and wonder what went wrong with science.

I vaguely remember Doctor Who, but most of it seemed to be obscured by a settee for some reason :mental: .

The original Flash Gordon introduced me at first to sci fi, and set in my mind that no matter how much trouble you were in, the following week would introduce something in the story conveniently forgotten about the week before which meant that Flash could get out of his predicament. This has never worked in real life, Hollywood lied to us :yikes: .

I think I know why, two good reasons.

(In response to Wonder Woman)

You've raised a couple of interesting points there.....

And yes, The Prisoner!!!

The original - not that horrendous US travesty-remake from a few years back.

I have the little Tamiya Lotus 7 that will get the McGoohan treatment eventually.

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack