New Tamiya big bike!

Will Vale

Xxxxxx This is getting stupid!

If I offended, apologies. Thought that it was just banter between 2 bikers.

As for the GB....I am genuine about it Steve! It's a model which I'd love to build, not the real thing which I'll ride!

If I remember rightly, in my distant past....I did built a Police Harley....by Revell I think.......yep, just checked on Google it was kit number 1227 from 1981!!

ATB

Edited by Greg B
Swearing deleted for the final time....

£99 for the 1/6th Tamiya!! Not yet..........

Going to look at the Revell Low Rider thingies..........

ATB

Yup, it's a bit expensive hey.

The kit I was offered was the FXE 1200. Could be a laugh.

Apparently some of those Revell kits are quite good.

Steve

Yup, it's a bit expensive hey.

The kit I was offered was the FXE 1200. Could be a laugh.

Apparently some of those Revell kits are quite good.

Steve

Mrs Riggers likes the look of the Aoshima 1/12 No 109 Series "Coyote V-Twin Custom" bike.......but with a twist!!!! Should be good!!

When will this GB take place Steve??

ATB mate..........

• 3 weeks later...

I would be up for this GB, never had a crash on my hugger, but I did get wiped out twice on my Japanese bikes (back when I was allowed bikes by SWMBO)! :banghead:

Pete

Had an email from HLJ to say that Tamiya had put price up from 18,000 to 21,000 yen which I calculate to be about £132. HLJ price £105.84. Still very expensive - but I still have it on back order - it's got to be a cracker of a kit :bleh:

Billy

• 2 months later...

Well this thread got out of control pretty quickly! ;) I'm a two wheel fan, and can appreciate the work that goes into any bike, for the record after riding Harleys i'n not a fan, but I can see why people love them.

For the record if Tamiya made a 1/6th scale version of this, i'd walk over broken glass to own it.............

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Greatest Motorcycle ever made is.................................... IMO of course!!!!

null_zpsb680fe2f.jpg

Weeeeeeeell... Yeah, suppose its not SUCH a bad bike...

Good news though( sifting through my all seeing modelbike database)

I know that Union did a 1/15th Scale CB-X cos I've got one, but Yodel also did one, in 1/8th Scale a few years back.

They are still some floating around, but you'll have to look, I think, not 100% sure but I think Revell also did one.

Steve

Weeeeeeeell... Yeah, suppose its not SUCH a bad bike...

Good news though( sifting through my all seeing modelbike database)

I know that Union did a 1/15th Scale CB-X cos I've got one, but Yodel also did one, in 1/8th Scale a few years back.

They are still some floating around, but you'll have to look, I think, not 100% sure but I think Revell also did one.

Steve

I had a Yodel one years ago, but it got lost in a house move 30 years ago! if anyone knows of one i'd be interested....

A word or two of wisdom from the Girlie (rides a Divvie everyday except when there's black ice);

The best bike in the world is the one YOU like the most.

and

Splitting up a group (bike riders) is the first step in controlling them (ie. marginalising them, restricting them, banning them). Divide and Conquer applies to many situations.

• Like 1

Product page on the Japanese Tamiya site is now available. It shows more product images and the contents of the detail set.

Thanks Markus, I hadn't seen that. I love the box art and billboard lettering, it reminds me of the Tamiya R/C boxes from '80s.

Hobby Search has contents and instructions online!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10237952

It seems like a very interesting kit. However, there is a lot of double sided tape involved.

Also, interesting parts break-up of the exhaust pipes. But I think there will be a mold line anyway...

I will definitly buy this kit.

Regards,

Markus

Howdy.

I don't generally like Harleys, but this kit, I will be buying.

I was forwarded a pdf of the instructions last night, and HELL, this is a very impressive kit.

There's also an upgrade kit available, with metal bits, and I believe, (from what I can see) a metal exhaust pipe.

:analintruder:

Steve