New Tamiya big bike!

Will Vale

Xxxxxx

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATB!

Riggy every time the word Harley appears on this forum you run your lame act , pretty tiresome ,maybe there would be more HD builds on Britmodeller without your drivoulous commentary.Something to think about.

Edited by Greg B
Inappropriate language removed

Riggy every time the word Harley appears on this forum you run your lame act , pretty tiresome ,maybe there would be more HD builds on Britmodeller without your drivoulous commentary.Something to think about.

That's funny!! More HD builds?? Really....you think so? Ok, if you're sure....

Someone bites so much the fact that someone dare mention HD in a bad way! Very odd.....it's generally called "banter" between sports bike riders & the other riders! Lighten up.............

Oh yes, "handles like a dream" & "Harley" should NEVER be used in the same sentence............like Lindsey Lohan & "drug-free"!!

BTW, it's Riggers

All joking apart...Us bikers should stick together. I love my Harley. I also loved my Honda 400 Four. Only Japanese bike I've never owned is a Suzuki. Had eastern Europeans...two MZ's and found them fun and well built. Worst bike I've had was a Yamaha 535 (Harley look alike and quite pathetic) The MZ 250 knocked it into a cocked hat. Tamiya should be congratulated for bringing the big 1/6 scale bikes back, be they Harleys or Hondas.

Billy

PS.. Mr Tamiya a Honda CB 400 Four would be nice next please.

• Like 1

I know this is now waaaay off topic, but.....

Sadly I don't ride any more but I have thrashed two wheeled machines from a 50cc moped to a GPZ900R (two of them) with two stroke 'yings' and jap 'custom's in between. I have never ridden a Triumph or a Harley, but only because of circumstance not a deliberate choice. Keep the banter light but as Billydick said, stick together as bikers. Respect.

It is a new kit, yes, but not exactly a new tool, is a re engineered kit to bring it up to date, taken from the old fat boy kit.

I'll update the thread title to "New" then :)

Do you have any more information on this Steve? Best I could find was on Hobby Search and HLJ which both claim it's new, but there's no information on Tamiya's English-language pages. Tamiya USA has a listing without pictures.

Hopefully all will be revealed in September.

Cheers,

W

That's funny!! More HD builds?? Really....you think so? Ok, if you're sure....

Someone bites so much the fact that someone dare mention HD in a bad way! Very odd.....it's generally called "banter" between sports bike riders & the other riders! Lighten up.............

Oh yes, "handles like a dream" & "Harley" should NEVER be used in the same sentence............like Lindsey Lohan & "drug-free"!!

BTW, it's Riggers

I am not interested in putting any of my Harley work on Brtimodeller, why? so you can do your lame act about oil leaks and valve train noise?

So thats me out of input on here.

Lighten up? Go look in the mirror riggy.

How would you know how a hand built machine runs and rides? You buy off the floor.

Your gonna get this every time you beak off about things you know nothing about., get used to the banter.

Still the most fun I' ve had all week , other than riding the xxxxxx my Harley.

ATB

Edited by Greg B

Okay I'll bite. If it was a game show the answer would be:

What is the greatest bike ever built , with the largest fan base in the world , the longest production runs

Good answer Riggers!

LOL

ATB

gaaaaaawd strewth...

you go away for one evening and look at the fun everyone has... well except me that is.

Krow, my dear sir im afraid your statement above is not quite correct...

The longest production run is actually the Royal Enfield (in production since 1948) :analintruder: Made like a gun goes like a bullet!!!!!!

Will, on theJapanesewebsites, they are apparently saying that its a retooled version of the old fatboy with the new 1548cc engine (from a mate in japland)

and Riggers, good on yer mate hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. God that Aprillia is sexy.

You know what... all you lot im going to issue a challenge (and Riggers, you WILL take part)....

watch this space... :coolio:

Steve

Thanks Steve! I figured your shadowy connections would know more about this.

Krow, generally people have been supportive of whatever bike models I've seen in here, I think if you post your Harleys folk will be glad to see them. There seems to be a healthy separation between bike marque banter and modelling appreciation.

W

Krow, generally people have been supportive of whatever bike models I've seen in here, I think if you post your Harleys folk will be glad to see them. There seems to be a healthy separation between bike marque banter and modelling appreciation.

W

Sorry Will I have to disagree ,as soon as Harley hits the screen buddy shows up with the comments. I kinda wonder why ,but then Ive seen/heard this drivel forever..Britmodeller loses out because of it.

Here's a challenge , build a Harley kit xxxxxxxx

As for the kit, the real reason for the thread , the Fatboy Twin Camm and the Fatboy Evolution are vastly different , the frames alone are completely different in the tranny/engine area , it would be tough to fake a new one ,and my opinion is that Tamiya dont werk that way. This is first hand knowledge of both bikes ,having wrenched on both bikes. Believe me the differences are vast.

Edited by Greg B

W

Hi Will

Ive sent a mail off to my mate in japan to see if he can get us some more details.

If it is indeed a brand new 1/6th scale bike, it means that theirs hope yet that Tamiya are possibly going to release a few more... (as have been the rumours)

steve

• Like 1

Sorry Will I have to disagree ,as soon as Harley hits the screen buddy shows up with the comments. I kinda wonder why ,but then Ive seen/heard this drivel forever..Britmodeller loses out because of it.

There were three Harley builds (including yours) in the Motorcycle GB and they garnered nothing but praise, even from Riggers :) Everyone respects a good model, the worst you might hear is "I don't usually like those but I like this". I guess that might rub you up the wrong way, but it's probably my favourite thing if I'm lucky enough to hear it about my models - it means maybe I broadened someone's mind :)

W

• Like 1

You know what... all you lot im going to issue a challenge (and Riggers, you WILL take part)....

watch this space... :coolio:

Steve

Can't wait Steve.......

kro? You're boring! You have absolutely no argument & your puerile drivel is as boring as riding a Harley!

Hiya Riggers and chaps :bye:

I did issue the challenge veeeeeeery early this morning, in the form of a Harley Single Type Group Build and as a gesture I said everyone on this thread WOULD participate. My idea was kind of a light hearted affair, with us guys building Harleys etc etc etc.. Just to show it was all friendly banter...

Unfortunately, the gesture was taken completly the wrong way and the response in my opinion was just a little OTT so I asked the mods to just pull the thread. End of.

Steve

Edit - sorry thread is still there - Harley Davidson single type group build...

Edited by MAD STEVE

Well that got VERY silly, didn't it? :fraidnot: Now I know why that other thread went south. Nothing wrong with banter, but when it goes sour and one side doesn't want to play anymore, take the hint and clam up. Now can we just get on with modelling and drop the bickering please?

Steve, the idea is good mate, it's a model after all.

I didn't like Messerschmitt's during WW2, but I still build them!!

I just wouldn't ride a Harley!

Have fun mate & like the idea of the GB.

Have priority with comps with miniRiggers shortly!!!

ATB

Noooooo Problem

My mate Osakagi san is being a bit vague about this bike...

'its taken a couple of years to get this one out and although a new kit, not as new as we would all think'

So anyway, A nearly new harley kit, straight out of left field and I hope theres more to come...

Steve

I'm annoyed that I am going to have to dive into posts and edit out the swearing because people are unable to exercise restraint and discretion on their own posts. Leave it out gents, its unnecessary and unwelcome on BM.

I'm annoyed that I am going to have to dive into posts and edit out the swearing because people are unable to exercise restraint and discretion on their own posts. Leave it out gents, its unnecessary and unwelcome on BM.

Hi Greg.

I do not wish to cause any further upset, but you've edited my post and I didn't swear...

Is it improper to use the G word? ( just asking for future reference)

Steve

ATB

ATB

More endless blather with Harley dis at EVERY opportunity , your jealousy and poor attitude are very evident.

How utterly tiresome.

GB thread locked immediately, must be a new record for forums .

It was a hollow gesture to say the least.

Go on now riggy ,make another tiresome , lame comment about Harleys ,you can have the last word , pretty clear to anyone that your input on this thread is about your personal problems with Harley's rather than the new kit.

Later. Much.

Well that got VERY silly, didn't it? :fraidnot: Now I know why that other thread went south. Nothing wrong with banter, but when it goes sour and one side doesn't want to play anymore, take the hint and clam up. Now can we just get on with modelling and drop the bickering please?

Receiving you five by five Mike. Harley STGB? I have somewhere in the region of a dozen Harleys in the stash and would definitely be in for this - dependent on timing as I have to find a job somewhere, buy a house and move some time between March and May next year: eek!

Receiving you five by five Mike. Harley STGB? I have somewhere in the region of a dozen Harleys in the stash and would definitely be in for this - dependent on timing as I have to find a job somewhere, buy a house and move some time between March and May next year: eek!

Ok Natter, not much on your plate then.

I'd be up for it as well, was offered one of the big Harley kits the other day quite cheap. I've built most of the other big scale stuff, never a Harley though.

Steve

Googling the description produces the following info:

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/709831-tamiya-1-6-harley-davidson-fatboy-lo.html

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132700

http://www.tamiyamodelers.com/forum/showthread.php?747-1-6-Harley-Davidson-FLSTFB-Fat-Boy-Lo

As I have stated from first hand experience working on the two FatBoy's ,Evolution and Twin Cam , there would be little that would be the same on the two bikes, I really cant see any parts that would transfer from one to the other. Tamiya does its homework and puts out excellent kits. Personally ,if they did a Street Rod , I'd prolly buy two.

vrscr.jpg