Phantom F-4D Vietnam, Tamiya 1/32

Hello

I've phinally phinished this Phantom, and it's my second completed model for the year, it's been trough a couple of house moves in a half made state and survived! Aires burners and quickboost seats were added, otherwise it's all Tamiya. It's a great kit, all fitting nicely as you'd expect, there is a nice amount of cockpit detail but that's quite hard to see now and impossible to photo, so you'll have to trust me! Paint is xtracolour over Halfords primer, the underside being shaded nicely by this. I didn't do any preshading as I wanted to make it pretty clean after doing a couple of dirty aircraft recently, just an oil wash after some klear before and over the decals. The decals were a nightmare on this, most of them fractured into lots of tiny pieces! Worst part of all was removing the masking tape to find that overspray had gotten inside the cockpit and misted up the glass! I had to do some surgery to remove the canopies and clean them up and replace and repair the area- this happened twice! I don't normally close up cockpits and will think twice about doing it again. Overall an enjoyable build and it looks good next to my other 1/32 build, the Tomcat. I tried to replicate the view from the fin camera that I've seen on programmes, hope you like it.

phantomphront_zps2bfcef14.jpg

phantomrear_zpsd1df928a.jpg

phantomside_zps582b790c.jpg

Phantompit_zpsf50ff9b2.jpg

phantomunderside_zps525e7078.jpg

PhantomandTomcat_zps95ebe2fc.jpg

Phantomfincam3_zps2094ac53.jpg

phantomfincam1_zps8ac2da5b.jpg

Edited by Tabio
  • Like 3

Superb work, really top-notch painting. I really like those SEA F-4C/D's, they had something 'pure' about their shape.

P.S. Got anymore pics of the lovely VF-24 F-14A knocking about?!

Superb work, really top-notch painting. I really like those SEA F-4C/D's, they had something 'pure' about their shape.

P.S. Got anymore pics of the lovely VF-24 F-14A knocking about?!

Yes theyre a lovely shape, brutish and purposeful, and they do look great in sea camo.

F-14 can be found here

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49300-f-14a-tamiya-132/?fromsearch=1

Cheers

Andy