Messerschmitt Me.163B Komet in 1:32

Mike

Our friends at Meng continue to do us proud with interesting and quirky releases. This latest one was a bolt from the blue, and should allow the retiring of many an old Hasegawa kit to the bottom of the stash :)

The German “Komet” Flashing Across the Sky

The Me-163B “Komet” was the world’s only operational rocket-powered interceptor that ever joined combat and shot down enemy aircraft. It had tremendous speed and climb rate thanks to its unique power source, so it was used to intercept the allied bombers deep into Europe and Germany. However, due to the aircraft’s short loiter time and extremely high speed, the only wing (Jagdgeschwader) equipped with Me-163B shot down just 9 enemy aircraft during WWII. Just like its nickname “Komet”, the Me-163B flashed across the sky of aviation history, leaving behind a bright trail.

me-163b.jpg

This 1:32 scale QS-001 Me-163B model kit is MENG’s first successful large scale aircraft project. The model is 178mm in length with a wingspan of 292mm. The kit consists of 190 parts on 7 plastic sprues, 23 parts on 2 PE frets, 3 rubber tyres and 2 poly caps.

This QS-001 model faithfully replicates the small tail-less shape of Me-163B. Two different weapon systems, MG 151/20 and MK 108 are provided. Subassemblies like complete HWK 109-509A rocket engine, T-Stoff tank and ammunition box are included. Many hatches can be built either in open or closed position. Model fuselage breakdown replicates the structure of real aircraft, with no cement is needed to join the front and rear parts of the fuselage. A support frame is provided to show interior details. Three painting schemes are provided.

Modelers will surely have brand-new experience of building this large scale fighter model which has full interior.

Now that sounds like an impressive list of features... I can't wait! :Tasty: Has anyoone else noticed the B-17 in the background? How could you not, but with the HK B-17G hot off the presses in China, wouldn't they look good together? Adversaries in the same BIG scale ^_^

Dragon announce a long time ago they were going to tackle this along with the Do 335 but they have since disappeared from the catalogue. I would be interest in this too and hope they may decide to do a Me 410 and the Do 335 down the road

That will go nicely with my b-17!

Obvious one to do would be "Outhouse Mouse". Excellent news though to hear of another Komet in the offing.

Are Meng falling into "the crosses and stars and bars" brigade,just like the rest of the asiatic companys?
I mean it's hardly a big scope of interest,and a rather small model even in that scale
I'll just wait here for attack of the WW2 fanatics. :devil:

Mike, you provide me with news that only feeds my addiction and continues to enable me as a junkiie. I just had to explain the necessity of a rather large box containing a 1/32 B-17. Do I now try to convince her this Meng kit is just an accessory to that kit and the ensemble would be incomplete without this little kit? Sorta like I have the dress, but it still needs the shoes and purse to go with it? Do you think that will work?

Mike, you provide me with news that only feeds my addiction and continues to enable me as a junkiie. I just had to explain the necessity of a rather large box containing a 1/32 B-17. Do I now try to convince her this Meng kit is just an accessory to that kit and the ensemble would be incomplete without this little kit? Sorta like I have the dress, but it still needs the shoes and purse to go with it? Do you think that will work?

Buy her some shoes and a purse and you'll be fine! :D

Ahhh yes, it is better to ask forgiveness rather than permission. And with asking for forgiveness, it comes more easily when accompanied by material tokens showing how truly sorry I am and how I shall repent. Until the next better kit.