Hawker Typhoon my 1st posting

Well here it goes, my first posting.

One Airfix Typhoon built oob, painted with Tamiya acrylics and weathering powders.

I know it has got its faults but I am willing to learn.TYP4_zpsbe1cccd7.jpgTYP3_zps6813c26f.jpgTYP2_zps5c3f0fb9.jpgTYP1_zpse7f44fa9.jpg

Edited by Spookytooth
  • Like 2

Nice, you can just imagine her sat on some Avanced Landing Field looking well used,

Looks like a fine start, keep up the good work!

Did you have problems with the varnish - looks similar to problems I have just had brush painting thinned down Vallejo matt varnish - sometimes I wonder why varnish at all!

Pete

Very neat and competent build!

The camouflage demarcations look uncharacteristically soft. Also, those big mud splashes (?) below the cocpit on the stbd side and on the wing leading edge would seem more appropriate on an AFV.

All in all, a very creditable build. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Very neat and competent build!

The camouflage demarcations look uncharacteristically soft. Also, those big mud splashes (?) below the cocpit on the stbd side and on the wing leading edge would seem more appropriate on an AFV.

All in all, a very creditable build. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Cheers Joachim, the camo was my first go at free hand spraying. And the weathering is a bit heavy in places I will admit but I have taken on board and will learn.

Cheers Joachim, the camo was my first go at free hand spraying. And the weathering is a bit heavy in places I will admit but I have taken on board and will learn.

The freehand spraying is fine in itself! Very good, in fact. The small problem is the research (or lack of it) behind it. WWII British fighters, unlike many German ones, generally had hard, or almost hard, edges to their camouflage.

Kind regards,

Joachim

The freehand spraying is fine in itself! Very good, in fact. The small problem is the research (or lack of it) behind it. WWII British fighters, unlike many German ones, generally had hard, or almost hard, edges to their camouflage.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Cheers Joachim, I will pay more attention to the research side.

Your advice is well taken.