Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire

Thanks guys... took me long enough! In answer to your question Paul. Started with White primer, then alclad exhaust mainfold with highlights of polished aluminium. Then a coat of flat acrylic. Then washes of burnt umber, black, burnt sienna, White and light grey, (oil paint) Then some light brown, followed with engine grime, Another flat coat, then several diiferent shades of pastels, including dark brown, red, black, grey and white... phew! Hope that helps! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the new seatbelts last night. So going to weather the gunsite and then button up the fuslage. I'm not sure about the colour of the lens in the gunsight. I did it green but it doesn't look righyt, so may change it to yellow. I am pleased with the seatbelts though. glad I changed them... hope you like! :)

sb1_zps04edd48b.jpg

sb2_zpsb605c2c7.jpg

sb3_zpse29cba85.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is bookmarked for reference for when I eventually get around to starting my own 1/32nd Spitfire. The work you have shown us is incredible!

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments everyone :) The fuslage is ready, I'm in the process of putting the wings together at the moment. Should be able to finish that tonight. I'm at work at the moment so can't remember the make of the seatbelts, I'll look them up tonight. They are a sort ot plastic cloth, if that makes any sense! I stained them with tea! I think they look much better then the aires ones, but they were quite fiddly to put together. Looking forward the main paint job now. I'll post some pics this weekend :)

I did it green but it doesn't look righyt, so may change it to yellow.

Don't change it to yellow. If anything tone down the brightness of the green. I have two real Mk II reflector gunsights and the lenses are just thick clear glass, no tint on them. The only time you would see any orange/yellow lighting in lenses is when the sight is switched on.

HTH

Andy

• Like 1

Ahh yes I used those seatbelts for my 1:32 Hurricane build - very nice but very fiddly. I even went so far as to order a set for my 1:48 Thunderbolt build, but when it arrived and I saw how tiny everything was, I just didn't bother :)

Edited by Kallisti