HK models 1/32 B17 flying Fortress...

Below is a selection of photos of the 1/32 B17, built straight from the box except for about 10 bits of plasticard, of which only 4 can be seen anyway, painted in none real olive drab with libertys taken here and there but it looks like a b17 to me, highly recomended and personaly am happy to overlook one or two shortcomings in accuracy

Forgot, the last pic is if it sat next to my almost finished Tigger Sunderland which even makes the B17 look small!!

moderator pls can you move this to ready for inspection! Apologies DOH!!

Edited by markjames68

I can not find words to describe what I'm seeing here. This along with the buccaneer and the A-6A all built before I've even managed to build a 1/48 scale cockpit.

You sir are a legend

Edited by thepureness

That's one impressive build and finish, and some of the most clear transparencies I've ever seen.

Where do you put all this massive stuff.

And your dead right the Sunderland does make the B17 seem small, you seem to see pictures of them in the air or on the sea so don't get the size comparison

That's excellent, Richard. Even better it's painted as a 381st. BG a/c, which were based not far from me at Ridgewell from 1943 - 45. Makes a change from all the 91st. BG models. At the moment I'm building a B-17F in 1/72 scale, and if it turns out half as good as yours I'll be pleased ! :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::cheers:

I really like what you have done to this kit. An excellant build and very impressive. Makes me want to start mine. I am also highly impressed with how quick you built it. I just want to finish one of the kits I have in the works. You have a beauty. Any thoughts as to how to display it? I was wondering about the wall mount included in the kit, whether you think it will work or not.

As with all my finished models i thang them nose down on a wall with fine nylon, they collect very little dust and are out of harms way without taking up 'much' space which is a good job as i have 53 of them on 'display'

Thanks for the comments, trying to decide what to build next as im back at work (course leader and lecturer) and next few days is very very busy

As with all my finished models i thang them nose down on a wall with fine nylon, they collect very little dust and are out of harms way without taking up 'much' space which is a good job as i have 53 of them on 'display'

Thanks for the comments, trying to decide what to build next as im back at work (course leader and lecturer) and next few days is very very busy

Can you share the display :)

• 1 year later...