Bombardier CS100 1/144

ATPER

hi everyone.

Looking at the first pic of the new CS100, I was disappointed about it. Now, looking at more and more photos, I really like that "small Dreamliner- CS100" It is currently in paint, and my question is now:

when and from which manufacturer will come the first kit of the CS100?

I mean there is already the A350 approaching our seller's shelves, the Sukhoi SSJ100 was also quite fast there, why still no CS100?

Not sure if anybody will kit it - the same could be asked about the Canadair Regional Jet family (though Revell modelled the Canadair biz-jet I had hoped they would have expanded the range to include some variants of the RJ family) or the Caravelle/BAC 1-11/VC-10 (Airfix did, but they're old and whilst still able to produce a decent likeness, I'd love a new range of modern moulded kits).

Would they sell? Who knows and now we're back to question of do airliner kits sell and why hasn't X Y or Z been modelled before.

Personally I'd like to see loads more airliners available and not just from A or B.

Jeff

the Canadair Regional Jet is appearing at Authentic Airliner Kits, Welsh Models (resin) and Braz (resin kit to put together with Revell's Canadair-biz)

there is a market for a new CS100 kit, as even the Sukhoi Superjet 100 got "his model" ( Have two of them, 1 finished today :) ) next to it, a CS100 would perfectly fit.... ^^

Oh, I thought you meant mainly long run injection moulded (like Revell or Zvezda). In that case I do hope someone will produce a kit of the C series. Aren't Lufthansa signed up to acquiring about 30 jets? In that case there could be a chance of Revell producing a kit (thought LH operate the Canadair RJ and there's no Revell kit of that).

Have you seen the C series website? Features film of the first taxi test. The engines look too big for the plane - just like the Dreamliner as you said!!!

Jeff

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

Oh, I thought you meant mainly long run injection moulded (like Revell or Zvezda). In that case I do hope someone will produce a kit of the C series. Aren't Lufthansa signed up to acquiring about 30 jets? In that case there could be a chance of Revell producing a kit (thought LH operate the Canadair RJ and there's no Revell kit of that).

Have you seen the C series website? Features film of the first taxi test. The engines look too big for the plane - just like the Dreamliner as you said!!!

Jeff

I saw, everything of the CS100 :) its for me the baby-dreamliner (like "when I will grow up I want to be a Dreamliner, like you daddy" :)

LH took 30 + x options (don't know the exact number...) mainly they are for SWISS European (to replace all Avro RJ100s) (so, I will see them 3 times per day at my home airport, Luxembourg :) )

It's a strange to think that it's "just a small regional jet" because looking at its versions available is actually approaching (some would suggest competing with...) the airbus A320 family. And from the taxy test film it does appear to be a decent sized aircraft.

One thing I did note from the film is it will look better when stretched. It does look a bit stumpy with those big engines!!

Edited by pinky coffeeboat