Revell Schlingmann LF 20/16 - some WiP photos added

Hi all,

This is the first time I've posted any pictures of my kits online so apologies if I get anything wrong with photos etc.

I bought this one about a year ago and I've kept working on it on and off over the whole year. I was originally planning on getting an American truck of some kind but searching the Internet I came across images of completed versions of the LF 20/16 and other Revell versions and just liked the amount of detailing.

Anyway It was a great build and I am quite pleased with the results - so much so that it's the first kit I've bought a proper display case for.

It's mostly 'out of the box' - I don't dare risk weathering my kits in case I mess them up!

Sorry for the quality of the photos - I only had my work's iPad to hand.

Kind regards,

Stix

12501013713_102e891f84_c.jpg

12500887555_5b453276dd_c.jpg

12501019273_2530692528_c.jpg

12500886745_b4106f7622_c.jpg

12500886115_48ee0121a5_c.jpg

12501363394_4b8c033b54_c.jpg

12500883825_57e6a0f963_c.jpg

12501015553_2fbce5192b_c.jpg

12501015183_695e04b11e_c.jpg[/url]

12501360004_f630fb0e8c_c.jpg

12501358694_7fa25df3f7_c.jpg

12501358054_8de7b97699_c.jpg

12501012753_0a271afbb5_c.jpg

12500878625_ac0717d8f7_c.jpg[/url]

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 8

Hi Roy, Keef and Rich,

Thank you for your comments.

Rich - I look forward to seeng the British version!

I just realised I could include a video showing the blue lights working:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY_se2zMtMA

Kind regards,

Stix

Edit: I tried to embed the video following the instructions in the FAQ but couldn't seem to get it to work.

Edited by PlaStix

Hi Marc - thank you for your comments - I found Glen T's version of the HLF 20/16 on this forum before I purchased mine - his pictures were one of the sets that inspired me to get one. His finished kit can be found here.

Hi Rich - let me know when you do start - I will still be interested to see your version.

Cheers,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

Hi Glen,

No problem, as I mentioned before - yours was one of the kits that persuaded me to buy one for myself. I had your forum page in my bookmarks and used it frequently for reference throughout the build - so thank you.

Hi John,

Thank you for your comments - I've got a Routemaster in my small stash that I'll start at some point - got to steel myself for all those seats!!

Cheers,

Stix

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

While clearing and sorting out the laptop I discovered some photos I'd taken during the build which I'd forgotten about. There doesn't seem to be many and I don't think I took any during any of the later stages. I wasn't a member of this forum at the time and never thought I'd post them so the quality isn't great. I've seen a couple of people have posted build photos in this section so I thought I could do the same in case anyone is interested. I also took one inspired by one GlenT took of his Schlingmann - mine doesn't look as good but I've included it anyway. You can check Glen's out here.

01-Revell-Schlingmann_zpsd4ec1833.jpg

02-Revell-Schlingmann_zps9009c443.jpg

03-Revell-Schlingmann_zpsf878c2db.jpg

04-Revell-Schlingmann_zps313e766d.jpg

05-Revell-Schlingmann_zpse1c0eed7.jpg

06-Revell-Schlingmann_zps105b1a0c.jpg

The one inspired by GlenT's:

07-Revell-Schlingmann_zpsa9b25fd2.jpg

08-Revell-Schlingmann_zpsee0f2625.jpg

09-Revell-Schlingmann_zpsebf5279b.jpg

10-Revell-Schlingmann_zpsb1decb58.jpg

Cheers,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Wow! Stix. That is superb. As I'm building the Man version, I know just how much work you put into making this kit. The details are brilliant and the video enhances it.

Well done.

Hi Kevin. Thank you very much. I am really looking forward to following more of your build!

:gobsmacked: ,that's all i can say Stix...

Thank you Vince!!

Love it, want one!

Thank you. Definitely get one - it is a great kit!

Kind regards,

Stix

• 3 months later...

I've just finished my MAN version now, Stix, but after looking at the great build that you have done on here I may try this kit too. It has some different characteristics than the MAN version and would go alongside my MAN nicely.

A great job!! Brilliant :goodjob:

• Like 1

I've just finished my MAN version now, Stix, but after looking at the great build that you have done on here I may try this kit too. It has some different characteristics than the MAN version and would go alongside my MAN nicely.

A great job!! Brilliant :goodjob:

Hi Kevin. Your MAN version turned out beautifully and I would be very interested to see your modelling skills at work on this version too! Thank you for your comments!

Very realistic. I love all the details (and the flashing lights!)

Thank you very much for your kind comments Alpha Delta.

Great Build!

What material do use to create the tarmac base?

Tom

Thank you very much Tom. The material is what came with the Perspex display box I got specially for this kit. I think it's a sort of felt like material - I requested it in black but it looks more like a very dark grey. When it arrived I thought it looked like Tarmac so masked off the areas for some white and yellow stripes and stippled them with acrylic paints for the road markings.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1