F-4B Airbrakes. 1:48 Etched set from Eduard for Academy

F-4B Phantom Airbrake set

1/48 Eduard Etch Set for Academy

pack.jpg

The Academy F-4B Phantom seems to have been very well received by modellers, but there is always something that aftermarket companies find to add to the finished model. Eduard have done this with the release of a very nice etched airbrake set. Naturally comprising parts for both airbrakes they have come up with an arrangement which not only gives an improved scale thickness of the outer skin, but also provides the internal airbrake structure by producing the airbrake in three sections, each folded onto each other in a concertina fashion. The internal airbrake bay is also provided with an internal skin and there are detail parts for the actuators including the small rollers on the actuators end where it is attached to the airbrake.

flaps.jpg

bin.jpg

Conclusion
This is a very nice and useful little set. Simple to use and fit, it looks like it should just drop in, but I’m sure there’ll be some fettling needed. I do like the way the internal structure has been designed and look forward to using them on my F-4 build. Recommended.

Review sample courtesy of logo.gif