Eurofighter Typhoon Twin Seater | 1/48 | Revell

Here's my latest build after 6-7 years. I added Eduard cockpit set and ejection seat set, scribed all the rivets on the wings, tail and fuselage as there's almost none on the kit itself. The flaps and the rudder I also cut apart... RBF tags are home made...

I think I held the airbrush for weathering longer than needed on the gas vent on the port side wing, The exhaust effect there is a little bit heavier than actual aircraft right now, but I liked the overall look so let's assume this Typhoon is a little bit older and bears the aging effects as Tornados do...

Thanks for looking and your comments are welcome...

Edited by Can TARI
  • Like 5

A Very good "what if" for the future build!

Selwyn

(Just a quick point, Typhoon pylons don't use pylon safety pins with attached RBF flags! )

If your "what if" refers to the weathering of the vent, I would disagree that it is a "what if" as some aged aircraft already are showing signs of that. I could say it is a bit early for such heavy weathering, but personally I take "what ifs" as things never likely to happen which is not the case here...

As for the RBF tags, thanks for the information. Honestly as I revisit the reference photos, now I see the tags are attached onto the weapons and not the pylons...

Thanks. Revell says it is 17 Sqn...

What do Revell know - its a 29 Sqn a/c wearing a 43 Sqn Zap.

My comments totally revolve around the subject itself so certainly not critism of your build as such, just observatyions if you like - parked Typhoons dont deploy the airbrake and I do think you are just a tad heavy on the weathering in places. Just finished a T3 myself so congratulations on putting all of that efforet into it :goodjob:

• Like 2

What do Revell know - its a 29 Sqn a/c wearing a 43 Sqn Zap.

My comments totally revolve around the subject itself so certainly not critism of your build as such, just observatyions if you like - parked Typhoons dont deploy the airbrake and I do think you are just a tad heavy on the weathering in places. Just finished a T3 myself so congratulations on putting all of that efforet into it :goodjob:

Thanks for the information and comments Gary. I'm much less of an expert on Typhoons let alone RAF squadrons, even than Revell, Aware of the airbrake I am, however like toI build models sometimes by taking the liberty of twisting 100% accuracy for the sake of a better look...

And for the weathering issue, well, it is true and I've already said that :)

If your "what if" refers to the weathering of the vent, I would disagree that it is a "what if" as some aged aircraft already are showing signs of that. I could say it is a bit early for such heavy weathering, but personally I take "what ifs" as things never likely to happen which is not the case here...

As for the RBF tags, thanks for the information. Honestly as I revisit the reference photos, now I see the tags are attached onto the weapons and not the pylons...

What i meant as "What if" is that;

1. The Meteor missile is not yet in Service and not carried by any Typhoon. (or any other aircraft IIRC!)
  2. Storm Shadow is not yet cleared for use on Typhoon.

It will probably be quite a while before this configuration becomes reality.

Selwyn

What i meant as "What if" is that;

1. The Meteor missile is not yet in Service and not carried by any Typhoon. (or any other aircraft IIRC!)
  2. Storm Shadow is not yet cleared for use on Typhoon.

It will probably be quite a while before this configuration becomes reality.

Selwyn

Thanks for the clarification Selwyn... Then we can altogether assume Typhoons may get such dirty until those weapons are operational ;)

... Apparently Revell has got a lot more to learn on Typhoons like me...

Great, like all the ordinance hung under the beast, thats a lot of KA-BOOM right there.

Two seaters rocks, it must just be me but the family versions look so much more excellent. Yes, it may just be that the cockpit to airframe ratio improves and there is so much more pit to see.

Liking the filth,

Marcus