Focke Wulf TA.152C-11 - 1:48 Hobby Boss

Mike

You don't hang about Mike, do you! Looking good though. I have one of these 152 kits in the stash somewhere and it is good to know it s a straightforward build.

Martin

Bah! Slowness has descended on me :rolleyes: I've only managed to get her into primer today, due to some airbrush japery that stole a chunk out of my modelling time. Here she is:

airframe3.jpg

Paint tomorrow? Possibly, who knows? :shrug:

• Like 2

Thanks :) More delays - this time from the need to strip some paint from the gear and a small split in the 0.2mm nozzle of my Infinity that just happened as I was cleaning my airbrush. The brass must have been micron thin already, and the rigors of cleaning were the final straw. Not bad service really after a couple of years. I've inserted my last spare and a new needle, which has restored it to functionality, so will be applying the light blue shortly.

Note to self: Get some spare 0.2mm nozzles :hmmm:

Looking great there Mike, i built the C-1 variant of this kit last year and can attest to what a great fitting fun build it is.

Didnt notice it in your thread but what scheme are you going for, as supplied in the box? The decals in the C-1 kit were really nice and super thin but be careful putting them down on microsol, they stick in an instant and were really tricky to reposition once on, i ended up ruining one of the codes (though that might just be lack of experience). I ended up putting them down on water and only using the microsol once in position.

Anyways looking forwards to seeing some paint on her.

Cheers, Stu

:lol: Got a little lichblau on it last night, but they boy hasn't been well (head cold & fever), so I've had to spend a lot of time looking after the poor wee mite. Almost 20 hours sleep later, and he's a lot better though ^_^

A quick heads up for any builders - the prop is shown on the painting instructions as Flat Black, which it shouldn't be (unless I'm wild of the mark?). IIRC RLM regs show RLM70 for steel props and RLM71 for wooden. Now one for the experten: Does that include the spinner or not? Would that result in this one being RLM70 spinner and RLM71 blades? I suspect not, but I can ask, can't I? ^_^

The RLM76 got a bit of extra attention tonight to fill in a few areas that were a bit transparent, and repair a few handling marks from yesterday's theatre striping escapades. You can see the masked striped on the tail, as I decided not to trust the decals to be the right shape to conform to the fuselage well. I've been bitten before now - Seahawk Suez Stripes come to mind :owww: I've noodled some lightened 76 onto the panels and prepared the ground for the topsides to be painted next session. The yellow tint to the underwing centres is also masking tape, covering up some bare metal panels that appeared from time-to-time in late war aircraft.

airframe4.jpg

airframe5.jpg

airframe6.jpg

and with the masking on the underside removed

airframe7.jpg

The topsides will be done next session, as previously mentioned :)

• Like 1

Both steel and wooden prop blades would have been RLM70, can't say that I've ever seen any props finished in RLM71, the spinner would more than likely be finished in black if it was to carry a spiral. certainly not late war stuff. Good to see you've actually got the NMF panels right, most don't. Neat work as per normal.

Tim.

Having a bit of a painting session this avo. :)

First up was a minor masking session to sort out the wing and tail roots, plus prevent any overspray on the fuselage sides. I'd taken the precaution of coating the Lightblau with Alclad Aqua Gloss first, to give it a more resilient surface and prevent it pulling up on unmasking. I ran both Infinities with my custom mixed Lifecolor RLM81 in one, and 82 in the other, as I knew that I was going to have to keep both un-sullied and work with them both at the same time. It worked out great, and I was able to touch in and adjust the lines as I went. Once the wings were done I whipped off the masking carefully to reveal the nice clean fuselage sides.

airframe8.jpg

Next up was another combo spray session from the same cups, which started with the RLM82 to lay down the softish demarkation along the spine, the splodges on the tail and the remaining mottle visible where it gets subsumed by the 81. Then it was out with some more masking tape to get a shark demarkation with the canopy and fuselage. That was removed and the 81 noodled in, with a heavy section forward of the cockpit and a mottle leaching into the 82 both under the cockpit sills and on the tail.

airframe9.jpg

Next job is to lighten the two colours and add a bit more tonal variation without messing it up :S Then I'll seal it with some more Aqua Gloss and apply the decals. After that it's weathering, and some rather sooty deposits trailing from the exhausts. That should cover up the slight lip on the wing root nicely ;)

• Like 1

Lovely paint work, as per usual. One thing though, wasn't the C-11 going to be a recon bird, if so why would JG301, as your RVD bands show, be doing flying it? Also weren't the flaps wooden? They certainly were on the Ta152H.

Wibble? :shrug: Meesa just doing the box scheme. Could you explain for the hard of thinking please dear? I'm not a Luftwaffle expert, although I am willing to learn :)