Scottish Maid 1839 Aberdeen Clipper Schooner

seadog

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Skills aren't all that different, it's more about bloody mindeness and perseverance... :banghead:

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

A lesson in model ship building, outstanding work !!, thankyou.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Seadog,

I've been searching for some model plan of the scottish maid for my dad, but I found nothing... u.u

He is very enthusiastic in making it because the kit was a present of my mum, but he lost the model plans. I would be so thankfully with you if you can send me a scan or some photos or an indication of where to buy only the plans.

Thank you a lot, I promise I will post a photo when he finish it :)

Hi Seadog,

I've been searching for some model plan of the scottish maid for my dad, but I found nothing... u.u

He is very enthusiastic in making it because the kit was a present of my mum, but he lost the model plans. I would be so thankfully with you if you can send me a scan or some photos or an indication of where to buy only the plans.

Thank you a lot, I promise I will post a photo when he finish it :)

I'm away from home at the moment, but I will PM you when I get home on Tuesday. Might be able to help with scans.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

What a wonderful gem you created, love it! That is the art of ship modeling :-)

Cheers, Daniel

Edited by dafi
  • Like 2

And there I was, trying to find decent images of the Northrop F-5E and I spend an hour this morning just reading through this thread. Stunning work and very much museum quality! My Dad worked at Chatham Dockyard during the 1950s and I have an affinity with the subject, but have never had a go at this type of modelling. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I know it's completely out of my comfort zones of knowledge of the subject and skill to do a good job!

I'd love to have something like this at home, sitting there in a glass case and delight at the many 'wow, did you make that?!' questions I'd get asked.

Maybe one day, but in the meantime, I'll be content with museums and this site!

• Like 1

Thank you. Damn the comfort zones! Full speed ahead, or something like that. It ain't rocket science. As to admiring glances, sadly, most visitors don't even glance at it...Perhaps if I'd gone for 1/48th.....

• 1 year later...

Hi hope you don't mind but I have 'bumped' this for the brilliant work and especially the sail making tutorial in page 6, which will be very useful for me when I get back to the Knight Templar soon! This was a fantastic build Seadog, full of plenty of hints and tips for this mere mortal!

Ray

• Like 1

Hello,

It is with the reading of articles like this one, it is with the pleasure to look at photographs like this one that I am happy to share, modestly, the same passion that you.
Your achievement is superb and at the same time educational and didactic.
Congratulations and thank you.
marc

• Like 1