Academy 1/48th F-4B Phantom in VF-84 "Jolly Rogers" early markings

Hi gang - well here's the first shots. I cant seem to get the lighting "just right" with this model. Ho hum :)

The build is here...

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234939501-ok-its-got-2-engines-some-bones-on-it-and-rhymes-with-bantam-mdd-f-4b-in-148th-scale/

My camera's battery has run out, so underside pics to follow. All comments welcomed as usual, hope you like her!

Jonners

file_zps7e2981db.jpg

file_zps9a1af5f1.jpg

file_zpse2c1b36b.jpg

file_zps04a529fa.jpg

file_zpsc9b78525.jpg

• Like 12

Beautiful job sir! I haven't decided whether to do the kit scheme or use some old AeroMaster decals for the CAG bird from VF-11 Red Rippers in 1973 off the Forrestal. But the kit sure looks worthy for either!

Again, well done!

Michael

My respect Sir, a very good Phantom model and this wears my favorite sqn. markings. Any problems with the fit? I got one in stock, but I'm not sure if I start to build it. Udo.

One small thing Jon, you may have forgotten to add the catapult bridle hooks. I can see the holes in those recesses, but it looks like the hooks are missing...Easy enough to add them as long you haven't thrown the sprues away...

One small thing Jon, you may have forgotten to add the catapult bridle hooks. I can see the holes in those recesses, but it looks like the hooks are missing...Easy enough to add them as long you haven't thrown the sprues away...

Hi Jeffrey - Oops - I have the sprues still, so easy to remedy. Not much point having a salt water beast, if it cant get its feet wet is there!!

Cheers, and well spotted ( plus I realised I need to add the cockpit ladder steps too- Doh!)

Jonners