Me.410 Updates 1:48 for Meng

Me.410 Updates (for Meng)
1:48 Quickboost by Aires

boxtop.jpg

If you're not in the market for a full upgrade to the detail of your new Me.410, the Quickboost parts are a great way to get the highlights without breaking the bank. Three sets have been released lately for this lovely aircraft, and I'm sure more will be in the pipeline, given Aires' efforts with the old Monogram kit. We've already reviewed their cockpit set here

Me.410B-2/U4 Gun Barrels
A simple drop-in replacement set containing the big 50mm BK-5 cannon and two machine-gun barrels for the remote-controlled barbettes on the fuselage sides. The BK-5 has all of the perforations on the muzzle-brake, which can be quickly drilled out using a 0.4mm bit for a little extra realism, and of course there's no mould-seam to repair. The kit cannon has a hollow barrel, but appears a little under-sized in terms of diameter of both the barrel and flash-hider. Having just finished a 262 with the same armament, this stands out now, and the resin part looks better to my eyes. The twin barbettes already have hollow muzzles, but the finesse and detail on the resin replacements make them well worth doing.

bk5.jpg

Me.410A/B Control lever
This handy set contains three control levers for additional detail, which also adds a little height to the arrangement. If you're like me and often break or lose small parts, the spares will come in handy, as will they if you have a stash of 410s to complete.

stick.jpg

Me.410A Radio Equipment
A single part containing a highly detailed resin replacement for the kit radio block that sits in front of the rearward facing gunner at the rear of the cockpit. Detail is outstanding, and due to the flexibility of resin moulds, there are undercuts where appropriate, given the piece an edge over the (admittedly good) kit parts. The presence of wiring behind the instruments also adds to the overall realism of the part.

radio-a.jpg

Conclusion
Excellent casting, ease of use and first rate detail makes the Quickboost a boon to modellers of all types.

Highly recommended.

Review samples courtesy of
logo.jpg
distributed in the UK by Hannants Ltd.