Seafire 46

Having some AZ kits in the stash, I decided to try to build another stright (okay, "kind of stright") of the box. As I hate spending cash on aftermarket unless really necessary (seatbelts), I expect some cutting, some stretched sprue toying, (ab)using some hypodermic needles,

Just to give you an idea, I will try to achieve something like this:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234929894-spit-mk22-pk312/

Welcome to the GB, while I don't condone it, is the abuse of the needles required due to the fit of the kit or are they actually going to be used on the kit?..

If it turns out like the one in the link it'll be a welcome addition to the GB.

Hyponeedles I use as guns, sometimes as struts, rarely I use it in order to strengthen joints. Concerning the AZ's kits, especially Spit 22/Seafire 46, amount of BS had been written - especially on Czech websites - as bad fitting, out of schape, etc.. Some pointed out, that in order to get wing/fuselage joint okay, the fuselage has to be widened, but that's wrong, as it leads to wide, odd looking, fuselage, correct way is adding piece of styrene to the wing/fuselage joint (or add there some putty).

Certainly, not a tami/gawa fit, but with a little effort nothing to be concerned of, and, IMHO, this kits line is excellent starting point into short run kits.

Hyponeedles I use as guns, sometimes as struts, rarely I use it in order to strengthen joints. Concerning the AZ's kits, especially Spit 22/Seafire 46, amount of BS had been written - especially on Czech websites - as bad fitting, out of schape, etc.. Some pointed out, that in order to get wing/fuselage joint okay, the fuselage has to be widened, but that's wrong, as it leads to wide, odd looking, fuselage, correct way is adding piece of styrene to the wing/fuselage joint (or add there some putty).

Certainly, not a tami/gawa fit, but with a little effort nothing to be concerned of, and, IMHO, this kits line is excellent starting point into short run kits.

Sorry I was more making a bad joke about taking drugs to get over the stress of building one! Although I guess the needles might work to pin some joints together!

I've never built any AZ kits so I've no idea how they go together, ill be watching to see.