Porsche 956 Rothmans

A few months ago I failed to complete this for the Le Mans GB due to lack of time, changing jobs and then temporary loss of modelling mojo.

Anyway, I'm back and I'm calling it done (or was until I studied these pics)

It's the Bell\Ickx car from 1983

WIP\GB is here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234935827-1983-porsche-956-rothmans/

Tamiya kit (good deal from fellow BMer RS2Man), Tamiya detail set plus replacement decals from MSM

White is rattle can Humbrol Acrylic White 22, Blue is Tamiya X-4 from Airbrush

I still need to add the body clips (I removed the moulded in shapes but the etched replacements went ping and disappeared!). The rear body doesn't fit well but I'll be leaving it loose anyway.

I'm not that happy with the blue, despite lots of masking it looks scrappy (I'll have a go a touching it up a bit more I think). The glass looks a bit messy as well but I think it turned out OK overall all things considered.

Pics are a bit dull as its overcast outside and I'm getting to grips with new camera, I'll refresh when its brighter

Hope you enjoy

Chris

956_final_1.jpg

956_final_2.jpg

956_final_3.jpg

956_final_4.jpg

956_final_5.jpg

956_final_6.jpg

956_final_7.jpg

956_final_8.jpg

• Like 2

Crackin, just crackin.......BUT, whip them tyres off & remove the mould seams!

ATB............

Fair comment, missed that one.

Funnily enough they are hard to see on the model (but I will attend to them) however that rear 3/4 pic really highlights the ridge

Glad you like it otherwise

All the best

Chris