1/72 - de Havilland DH.100 Vampire F.Mk.3/5/6 & FB.52, SE-S35 Mistral by Special Hobby & FRROM - released

Homebee

If the price is right I`ll be getting a few of these,....has anybody any idea of the price and when they will be released?

Sorry if it has already been mentioned earlier in the thread,..if so, I missed it!

Cheers

Tony

It has been asked more than once but to no avail....I am getting a bit tired of current MPM policy of not telling anything,,especially as some of their products

should have been on the market already for months but are still not released...eg.Cobra.

If they are trying to produce better quality kit, more than fine with me, they should take all the time to get it right.

There is no reason why at least preliminary dates are not supplied, would be fair to buyers.

Situation like last August/September when they released He 115/two G.50/two Cant Libeccios/Mk,IV/V Firefly+MS.406+Vincent is good example what should be avoided, we saw these kits being constantly postponed for months than being released in a very short timeframe.

MPM Newsletter being worthless as cited dates are almost never true.

• 3 weeks later...

It does indeed look very pretty, I can see me having more then a couple of dozen of these!

Any idea when any version of this is out?

Wez

• 1 month later...

Just got my Xtrakit boxing today and on first look it's impressive, nicely moulded and with a well printed decal sheet (as you'd expect), one snag! No instruction sheet!

I've e-mailed Hannants for a PDF copy so I'm hoping for a swift response.

You get clear wingtips although the kit only includes the clipped FB.5/9 versions, the rounded F.1/3 versions having been removed from the sprue which is curious because there's an F.1 early canopy left on the sprue which is as much use as a chocolate tea-pot - although it does give an indication of what's to come.

You get separate wheel hubs for the RAF and export versions and rockets and drop-tanks. The clear parts are crystal clear!

Overall the detail and finesse of moulding looks top-notch, this is a well detailed kit - of course what remains to be seen is how well it goes together, I'd start right away - only I can't, no instruction sheet.

I would have liked it to have included the extended starboard intake for the FB.9 - a surprising omission considering what has been included, I would've liked the rounded wingtips of the F.1/3 to have been included!

This one's gone straight to the top of the pile - or will do once I get the instructions!

Did I mention the lack of instructions?

Wez

Edited by Wez

Hi wez,

Seeing as you seem to have some problem with a lack of instructions (!), I don't know if there's any difference in the kits, but the Azur French boxing's instructions are up on the CMK website

http://www.cmkkits.com/en/aircraft/d-h-100-vampire-fb-mk-5-armee-de-l-air-aeronavale/

HTH

Keith

PS, the useless MK1 canopy will be a Godsend to those of us building an AModel Mk1 & who are clumsy enough to drop that kit's canopy & then stand on it....!!

• Like 1

Hi wez,

Seeing as you seem to have some problem with a lack of instructions (!), I don't know if there's any difference in the kits, but the Azur French boxing's instructions are up on the CMK website

http://www.cmkkits.com/en/aircraft/d-h-100-vampire-fb-mk-5-armee-de-l-air-aeronavale/

HTH

Keith

PS, the useless MK1 canopy will be a Godsend to those of us building an AModel Mk1 & who are clumsy enough to drop that kit's canopy & then stand on it....!!

Keith,

You're a stout yeoman! Just the ticket, that'll work until Hannants can send me a copy of the instructions (just phoned them, they'll send them out 1st class - top service).

Thanks, I can start this kit tonight now- HUZZAH!

Regarding dropping stuff and standing on it, such folly! I've never done that, wouldn't be so foolish... ....I do know somebody not a million miles away who ran over a dropped part with the castoring wheels of their modelling chair (what a numpty)! :whistle:

Wez

• Like 1

Well I've got my instructions - a nicely printed version of those Keith (Keefr22) linked to on the Azur site.

Hats off to Hannants for the quick turn around!

Just got to find some time to start the kit now.

Wez

It has been asked more than once but to no avail....I am getting a bit tired of current MPM policy of not telling anything,,especially as some of their products

should have been on the market already for months but are still not released...eg.Cobra.

If they are trying to produce better quality kit, more than fine with me, they should take all the time to get it right.

There is no reason why at least preliminary dates are not supplied, would be fair to buyers.

Situation like last August/September when they released He 115/two G.50/two Cant Libeccios/Mk,IV/V Firefly+MS.406+Vincent is good example what should be avoided, we saw these kits being constantly postponed for months than being released in a very short timeframe.

MPM Newsletter being worthless as cited dates are almost never true.

I think that's a bit harsh, and a bit contradictory. You want preliminary dates, but note that cited dates are never true. Such things rarely run to form. Airfix and Revell announce release dates, and are pilloried when they slip to the left, or when items get held over until the next year. I would much rather that companies keep schtum on such things, and only announce the release date when the items are ready to ship. And does it really matter if they release a batch of new kits at the same time? There's no requirement to buy them all at once.

And does it really matter if they release a batch of new kits at the same time? There's no requirement to buy them all at once.

Good god, man, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Mistral - ref. FR0041 -sprues

Source: http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=Accueil-2

FR0041 SNCASE Mistral, french modification of the Vampire, mainly done in fitting a Rolls-Royce Nene in place of the original Goblin, 257 units built by SNCASE between 1951 and 1953. Release expected for Eday (September 2018)

FR0041_SPDp.jpg

V.P.

• 2 months later...

Source: http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=Accueil-2

FR0041 SNCASE Mistral, french modification of the Vampire, mainly done in fitting a Rolls-Royce Nene in place of the original Goblin, 257 units built by SNCASE between 1951 and 1953. Working on decals and instructions, release postponed to IPMS UK (Telford).

V.P.