1/72 - de Havilland DH.100 Vampire F.Mk.3/5/6 & FB.52, SE-S35 Mistral by Special Hobby & FRROM - released

Homebee

Nice! Looks Like they'll beat Airfix to the single seat Vamps though.

Paul Harrison

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The engine front had me scratching my head for a moment or two, then I realised it's designed to give you the illusion of what you would see if you looked down either intake, rather than being an actual scale component. An interesting approach, Quite clever.

I thought that too but then I thought you can't see much down a Vampire's intake anyway so all you need is an illusion. It looks a very well thought out kit - I really can't wait!

Wez

• 3 weeks later...

That looks very nice. Did the Aeronavale use Vampires or Mistrals? The Mistral has a slightly different intake but not sure what other differences.

Anyone know when these are due out, I really want one (or two maybe)!

The Aeronavale used both Vampires and Mistrals.

I want one of these now!

Wez

It's nice it have an IM Vampire but the Heller kit is still serviceable there are the CMRs for that those with deep pockets, what we really needs is some Venoms!

Whilst I'd agree we need some Venoms, I felt that the last time I bought a Heller Vampire (actually the Airfix spin-off as a J-28), the mould was showing considerable signs of wear.

Wez

Whilst I'd agree we need some Venoms, I felt that the last time I bought a Heller Vampire (actually the Airfix spin-off as a J-28), the mould was showing considerable signs of wear.

Wez

Agree (about Venoms) perhaps Airfix will give us one some day. After all they are said to be concentrating on Post War types. I feel that a Sea Venom is most likely, used by FAA, and I think by Aeronavel, RAN and others too?

Agree (about Venoms) perhaps Airfix will give us one some day. After all they are said to be concentrating on Post War types. I feel that a Sea Venom is most likely, used by FAA, and I think by Aeronavel, RAN and others too?

I'd rather they did the single seaters first (RAF, Sweden, NZ, Venezuela and Switzerland), but I suspect we'd get the Sea Venom's first, just as long as they DO get around to the single seaters I'd be happy!

Back to the MPM Vampire - when, WHEN, WHEN!!!??? Is it worth me adding it to my Christmas list?

Wez