Does look very good, although I think the windows are .00276mm too far forward

Seriously folks

I've seen an A.350 at altitude, not been up to one, but this looks just like an A.350 to me.

Maybe the actual service version will have the odd window change and maybe an extra panel to scribe in but what the heck...it's an A.350...Thanks Revell.

How about a set of Bombardier/Canadair & Embraer RJ's???

Got mine today from Wonderland, haven't had a really good look yet, but when I get a quiet moment (kids in bed) I will. But clear window decals, go DACO!!!! (I know, it doesn't take much to make me happy!)

Andrew

One thing that did strike me was that the panel line along the top of the wing-body fairing is not a smooth curve, but a rather jagged and irregular line. Is the real thing like this or did Revell make a mistake? (I don't mean to nit-pick, it just struck me as odd.)

Edit: looking at some pictures, this does seem to be the case on the real thing:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Airbus-Industrie/Airbus-A350-941/2346973/L/&sid=9c28ea72fddbed0e5d9069c092d29a6b

I've had a bit of a test fit of some of the major parts and it's looking good so far - the fit of the wings and the wing root joint is good, there shouldn't be any problems with droopy wings. The surface finish is slight textured rather than glossily smooth, and the panel lines are very restrained. The moulding seems to be slightly better than the 748 kit in places, particularly round the windows, and what flash there is is mostly on the sprue runners and gates rather than the kit parts. Strangely, Revell have provided two sets of main gear doors, one with interior detailing to be posed open and one without to be posed shut. I don't imagine the doors would be open other than for maintenance.... :shrug: The detailing in the gear bays is a little sparse to be honest, certainly less extensive than in the A330 kit. The instructions seem a little confused about the orientation of the various probes and drain masts, but a little research and common sense should fix that - at least these are included. Unlike the 787 kit, the wings have a split trailing edge, which makes the thickness a little overscale. There is stand included, as well as clear window insert for the cabin windows. Those who prefer decal windows will need to source aftermarket decals as only clear window decals are included.

Overall, it looks like a nice kit - and good value at under £20.

Andrew

Well the plastic certainly has a more satiny/matt finish than the 748, but the 748 had clear windows and the same stand too. The panel lines are more restrained than the 748 as well. I think Revell have just picked up some ideas from the Zvezda 787 and run with them for their own new tool airliners, such as the design and breakdown of the engines and so on. I think the Revell 748 scored over the Zvezda version in that it has greater detail and better accuracy, and included such things as antennas and drain mast etc, which the Zvezda 787 and 748 both lacked. The quality of the Revell moulding has improved with this release, but I don't think is is quite up to Zvezda standards yet, although not so far off. Maybe grey plastic just looks better somehow than white... :shrug:.

These are pretty small niggles though for a sub-£15 kit, really. I don't think there anything that's going to stop you building a really nice model. Buy lots and maybe we'll get some more new airliner kits from Revell. :winkgrin: 777x anyone?

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

The kit is just taunting me. The UPS man dropped it off right before the fiancée and I went to her work's christmas party. I didn't have time to go run inside and pick it up so I put it in the car. It's been calling my name ever since.

• Like 1