LOL, I should of known that!!! I have my A380's in the stash than they have flying

You have over a hundred A380s! :shocked: No wonder you need to move house. :lol:

Lets hope someone has some decal sheets ready to sale when she's released.

Any airline liveries would be speculation since the first A350-900 won't be delivered for at least another 10-12 months; Qatar Airways is taking the first ones. Plenty of opportunity for 'what-ifs' though. :)

will you be doing a BMI one?

Lol

Naturally :lol:. I think the A350 would look good in the 'Whale' scheme as it suited a long fuselage. Now if only someone would do a new bmi A330 set for us to adapt...

• 1 month later...

At the time of release they are the only ones flying.

I know that,they had orders for the different airbus aircraft. Revell knew which airlines they could go for. But picked the Airbus scheme.

A lot of airlines change their livery when new aircraft come online.

Exactly leaving Revell forever criticised for releasing a livery that was never worn

Is it not supposed to be about accuracy?

The Airfix TriStar was first released in Air Canada livery on the basis of the order with AC standard all red tail. When it actually existed, the centre engine was white.

And as has also been noted on many threads, many airlines get protective of their image and demand large sums for the right to use it.

Sometimes, I think it would be good if some model companies offered kits with no decal sheets at all (or maybe just a sheet of stencils/safety markings) and a slightly lower cost for those of us who like to build up large fleets of the same model but with alternate aftermarket decals. I've got a dozen or more Revell Haribo decal sheets that are too nice to bin. Hasegawa did this several years ago with their 1/200 series - I thought it was a good idea.

Jeff

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
  • Like 1

Apparently not, if you read the Roden 720 thread. It would appear that a lot of people are perfectly satisfied with anything remotely airplane-ish shaped, no matter what the label on the box says it's actually supposed to be.

Practice what you preach Jennings and allow other people to have their own equally valid opinions, or go and preach somewhere else.

Not really. Your opinion is your opinion, and my opinion is my opinion. The kit is, in my opinion, a piece of trash. In fact, that's where my copy went last week.

• Like 2

Apparently not, if you read the Roden 720 thread. It would appear that a lot of people are perfectly satisfied with anything remotely airplane-ish shaped, no matter what the label on the box says it's actually supposed to be.

Cite please? There's accuracy from the box, and then there's overcoming what's in the box and having something accurate anyway. Methinks someone doth protest overmuch.

• Like 3

I was referring to modellers asking why liveries that don't exist were not included

Your throwing the comment back at me here is totally irrelevant.

• Like 2

And how many A350s are there flying?

Oh yes, just Airbus's ones.....

Or even one :). The only A350 currently flying is MSN001, shortly to be followed by MSN003. I believe MSN002 is planned to be the first with a proper passenger cabin which is why it'll be third (no, I don't understand why it's that way round either :huh: ).

Sometimes, I think it would be good if some model companies offered kits with no decal sheets at all (or maybe just a sheet of stencils/safety markings) and a slightly lower cost for those of us who like to build up large fleets of the same model but with alternate aftermarket decals. I've got a dozen or more Revell Haribo decal sheets that are too nice to bin. Hasegawa did this several years ago with their 1/200 series - I thought it was a good idea.

Jeff

I agree, although the big players, like Revell, no doubt see the market as far too small. Schemes like the Haribo ones might be subsidised by the operator; does anyone know if TUIfly have the Revell 737 in their on-board catalogue? As well as Hasegawa, Daco Skyline did it on their 737 series. Danny also sells the Airfix A300 without a livery. I'm sure having a complementary decal line doesn't do any harm though. :)

• 1 month later...