1/72 Airfix Fairey Rotodyne

Great looking model, the extra detailing is obvious. The first rotodyne I've ever seen built up.

Models Unlimited is about the only model shop in the North East now so it's my LMS even though it's over an hour away.

Duncan B

Thanks Guys,

Hello Nigel, fabulous job on the old girl. I know it was a bit of a battle, but wow, what a result!

What is next?

All the best, Ray

A 1/48 Revell Natter, please see my new build thread:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234943450-148-revell-natter/

Nigel

Edited by Nigel Heath

Nigel,

This is probably the definitive Airfix Rotodyne build of our times, possibly of any other times, and is certainly the best documented. For the benefit of future readers who may happen upon this RFI thread years in the future may I suggest you edit the first post to include a permanent link to the WIP thread? That way people will be able to access the whole story easily for reference.

Edited by Work In Progress

OK will do. Its such a pitty that I didn't have a camera for the first part of the build, Its only record is in my sozzled bonce.

It turns out I already have, see the bottom of the first post.

Edited by Nigel Heath

A remarkable build. You have showed the patience of a saint. I am very much with the "It would have gone out of the window" school.

One small criticism though -

your Pizzas are slightly over done for my taste. :winkgrin:

I just read his obituary.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/10245689/George-Hislop.html

Sounds like he was a top bloke. He had a pretty good innings (99 years). I find it slightly sad and ironic that he died just a few days before I finished this build.

I wouldn't worry about it Nigel... the thing with the screen and the sun is one of the drawbacks of having no viewfinder on modern compacts. When I'm using Caz's I always forget and look through the non-existent viewfinder :blush:

Hi Nigel

So pleased to see this one finished I was worried your patience was not going to last and it would receive the "chewing the fat" treatment ! :deadhorse:

I think the outside photos were were a chance to show off you get better weather than us over here in Argyll :raincloud:

Great to see it safely in the cabinet, congratulations on a truely epic build ! :thumbsup:

Cheers Pat

• 2 months later...