Jaguar T2. 1/48 Kitty Hawk & Neomega, XX146, 54(F) Squadron.

very nice and interesting conversion! :)

how did it fit? lots of hassles?

Thanks, not too difficult at all really.

• The resin part was about 1mm narrower than the kit fuselage and so I superglued plastic shims the the top (behind the cockpit), and at the bottom (behind the Nose U/C bay) to space it out to the same width.
  • I cut the cannon fairing area from the kit fuselage and fitted it into a recess that I cut into the resin.
  • When fitting the two halves together I lined up the shoulder that runs level with the bottom of the canopy and juggled it with the level of the top of the spine so that I didn't have to blend too much from any one area.
  • Lastly the nose U/C leg was shimmed by placing about 1mm of plasticard above it so that the aircraft sits at the right attitude.

That was pretty much it really, with hardly any filler required for the fuselage sides and spine areas.

If I can do it.............!!

Cheers

Gaz

• Like 1

Nice Jag, looks like the background was a likely place to spot a couple of real Jag's on the prowl back in the days they were flying.

Whats you view of the Kitty Hawk kit, worth the money?

Shaun.

• Like 1

Cheers, it was a long time ago but I spent a bit of time on them.

I proudly displayed this for many years (until it got damaged in a house move).....does it happen to ring any bells with you by any chance ? If you were a DE on AAD123, and hail from Chelmsford then the answer I hope would be yes. :)

Lovely Jag there Gaz,

A bit ahead of you at Halton (AAD108) and had just left the Jag world in Apr 89 by the time you ended up on them. Ended up on the Jag EA though as an uncivil servant :)

John

Evening all, thanks again for your feedback......much appreciated. :)

Nice Jag, looks like the background was a likely place to spot a couple of real Jag's on the prowl back in the days they were flying.

Whats you view of the Kitty Hawk kit, worth the money?

Shaun.

Hi Shaun. There are actually 2 airfields directly in the background but both are civvie. I'd be the happiest man in NZ if anything fixed wing and military-like was to be seen flying around here (except the Harvard). I think the last time I saw a Jag flying would have been 2003 when I went back to the UK for a visit. Ah....the memories.

I'm not sure how the Kitty Hawk kit rates price-wise in the UK, but down here there wasn't a huge price difference between the KH kit (from Luckymodel) and the hard to get hold of Airfix Jags (locally). Personally, I like the crispness of detail and the flaps/slats down option of the Kitty Hawk kit, and that makes it worth the extra for me. I suspended an in-progress Airfix Jag build when the KH one was announced, and I'm in no rush to go back to it.

Cheers, it was a long time ago but I spent a bit of time on them.

I proudly displayed this for many years (until it got damaged in a house move).....does it happen to ring any bells with you by any chance ? If you were a DE on AAD123, and hail from Chelmsford then the answer I hope would be yes. :)

Lovely Jag there Gaz,

A bit ahead of you at Halton (AAD108) and had just left the Jag world in Apr 89 by the time you ended up on them. Ended up on the Jag EA though as an uncivil servant :)

John

Hi John

"uncivil servant"......hey, I resemble that remark ! :)

DEs, we copped some flak didn't we !.....mostly from FLEMS though it has to be said. I was on AAD 124 (suspecting that JagRigger might be someone I knew on 123) and went through Halton in '85. I'm guessing you'd have been a couple of years before me.