Mig 15 airfix 1:72

This was a great plane to build. I had to add a mig to my collection so this was massively overdue.

DSC03617_zpsd35284df.jpg

DSC03618_zps4a292744.jpg

Edited by DanSAR95
  • Like 1

Thanks for your comments people, I must buy more migs as they are lovely pocket sized kits that are so pleasurable.

Nice job, hairy stick or airbrush?

Also in pic 2 the angle of the shot makes it look a lot stubby'er ... Even more aggressive or is that just me!!!

Hi, it was painted with a brush. The 2nd picture certainly makes the jet look stubby. I personally don't think the mig 15 is a particularly aggressive looking plane, certainly not in the same league as sepecat jaguars and f4 phantoms. I've also just added a jaguar to my stash which I'm very happy about. Regards

Edited by DanSAR95

Hi, it was painted with a brush. The 2nd picture certainly makes the jet look stubby. I personally don't think the mig 15 is a particularly aggressive looking plane, certainly not in the same league as sepecat jaguars and f4 phantoms. I've also just added a jaguar to my stash which I'm very happy about. Regards

What paint?

What paint?

Hi, if you are on about the paint I used to paint it, it was revell aqua Silver metallic 90. The nose was just a pot of unnumbered red paint sitting in my tub of included paints where, sadly the numbers have worn off resulting in a lot of work if you're not after a block colour. I hope this is what you meant.

Thanks. I like the look of the paint you used. It's not gleaming polished look seen of so many NMF models. To me, it looks more realistic, especially for an early Cold War Soviet aircraft.

Chris