An-124 Ruslan in 1/72 scale - Modelsvit kit finished....

Ker-rikey ... I see whoever was playing noughts on the engine pylons got a thorough beating from the guy playing crosses.

Is the acrylic stand part of the kit or your idea to save a saggy undercarriage?

Ker-rikey ... I see whoever was playing noughts on the engine pylons got a thorough beating from the guy playing crosses.

You should see the crosses on the upper wing surface - one on every flap section/spoiler.....

an-124_43.JPG

Is the acrylic stand part of the kit or your idea to save a saggy undercarriage?

No - my invention.

There's no way the undercarriage would support the model - apart from the problems of getting all 20 wheels to touch the ground at once !!!

It's a total botch-up on my part - as long as you don't look too closely.

Ken

not bad....not at all bad....actually it's very good

I can see how the undercarriage would cause anybody plaroblems but you dealt with that very well.

The only criticism - and this is just a thing I have, so it's not really a criticism at all - is on something that big I'd like to have seen a bit more detail.

The only criticism - and this is just a thing I have, so it's not really a criticism at all - is on something that big I'd like to have seen a bit more detail.

I agree with you Kev1n.... overall its quite bland - but there's not a lot you can do with it.

You could pose the clamshell visor in the open position - but then you would have to scratch build a ramp and the fuselage interior - as well as kneeling the undercarriage.

I understand that Modelsvit is going to release a modified variant - with interior detail and open visor - which would be more 'interesting'

I've made mine with custom decals - to represent a RuAF example that I photographed during the flypast at the 100th Anniversary show at Zhukovsky.

It was in pristine condition for the flypast - that's why there isn't much weathering either.

Apart from that, I can't think what else to do to add more 'detail' ????

Ken

Now this is impressive. As for it being bland? I dont think so, it looks really good clean, and if that's the way you saw it even better :)

Where do you keep it though?

Julien

• 3 years later...
12 hours ago, Radleigh said:

Ken, fancy another for the table at Telford one year? I've joined the 124 club finally! Going to be finished in the Polar scheme, CCCP-82021.

1/72nd scale An-124 - Modelsvit. by Radleigh Bushell, on Flickr

Excellent !!!

Are you doing it with the nose visor open ??  Detachable wings for transport ???

It's a pity they haven't re-released it with a detailed vacform interior - like the Amodel An-22 & Il-76.

Getting the nose visor to fit in the closed position was a bit problematic, IIRC?

Post some WIP pics on here.

Ken

PS - Missed you at IPMS Glos show - nearly grabbed your table as a spare - but Geoff gave it to a trader.

PPS - Waiting for Modelsvit to do the An-225.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flankerman said:

Excellent !!!

Are you doing it with the nose visor open ??  Detachable wings for transport ???

It's a pity they haven't re-released it with a detailed vacform interior - like the Amodel An-22 & Il-76.

Getting the nose visor to fit in the closed position was a bit problematic, IIRC?

Post some WIP pics on here.

Ken

PS - Missed you at IPMS Glos show - nearly grabbed your table as a spare - but Geoff gave it to a trader.

PPS - Waiting for Modelsvit to do the An-225.

Mine will be shut, it'll never get finished if I started to scratch build all the interior! But it would look amazing open. I couldn't make the Gloucester show, family stuff to sort and I totally forgot I had a table there too (Will drop Geoff a PM to apologies..). Jens pregnant and I think we had a scan that day, but I've forgot when the show was now? Lots going on as you can imagine...

Yes, I will get the An-225 too when it's here, but I would prefer a large Russian flying boat first......................... :) Will get some work in progress photos up when I start it, but I'm working on this at the moment, Amodel IL-20M. The nose has been a real pig... a REAL pig! But it's on now, clear parts sit flush too after some sanding. Not looking forward to doing the other 3 IL-18 kits I have :huh: (-20RT, -38 and -18)

33786273544_3062d24e0f_b.jpgIMG_0171 by Radleigh Bushell, on Flickr

Edited by Radleigh
  • Like 1