The snail is gaining ground! ;D

Diamond cut from masking film using my all singing all dancing vinyl cutter. 8)

One diamond down, one to go and a whole heap of lining-up coming my way!! Cross to be mask and sprayed within the diamond after the weathering process.

I have gone with a yellow edged diamond as apposed to the black edged diamond shown in Rowan's beautiful Pfalz DIIIa Volume one decal sheet... Why? I see no tonal difference when looking at the one & only photograph that survives, the colour tone between the edged of the diamond and the yellow tail markings are the same IMHO.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but, the yellow stays!

Cheers,

Von Rocketfuelledsnail

diamondsarforever_zpsda004709.jpg

• 1 month later...
Eyelets installed in the upper wing.

A handy tip for my fellow bucklers! Use a piece of tamiya tape folded back on itself to create a finger station for the weeeee eyelets. Make sure you take most of the sticky out of the tape before you load up with your precious cargo :) This makes manoeuvring of eyelets so much easier - plus, work over a white piece of plastic card/A4 paper - helps with eyelet escapologists ;)

eyelet1_zps3c7729ae.jpg

Teves & Braun radiator airflow cover.

Replaced handle and rod with 0.4 brass tube. A simple upgrade that looks miles better that the 2D original.

cover_zps662efeb6.jpg

I'm enjoying this!

More to follow...

Von Backinthedrivingseat

• Like 2

Looking good Bob. I remember the first time I bought some 1/48 eyelets from you, when I opened the envelope I thought that they must have all fallen out as I couldn't see anything, but a closer look found them nestling in the corner of the bag.

Mini update for my loyal 'fan' :ninja:

Tail feathers on.

Machine Guns installed.

Wind Screen installed - reduced the thickness of the screen by scrapping with a no15 blade, polished with many grades of micromesh and then dipped in Klear.

Tail skid installed.

Control horns installed with eyelets.

Slowly coming together, my friends ;)

VB

side-L_zps0b7647a8.jpg

Top Down View

top-down_zpsfbf1096a.jpg

r-side_zps26213e41.jpg

• 2 months later...

Good to see this is still under way! I'm intrigued by your use of rizzla papers, I'll store that in the memory bank.

Very smart colour scheme by the way :thumbsup:

Cheers

John

• 2 weeks later...

VB,Sorry to jump in but I am stunned by your skill levels,amazing work.I am very envious.

I am new to this forum and "plastic modelling".

I have looking at the 35th armour section as that's where I have decided to start but my real interest is WW1 aircraft.Thats how I run across your post.

Can I ask a couple of questions? The whole build and sequence of painting is lost on me even on armour BUT with the colours and detail on those 32nd kits,where do you start!

Sorry I am rambling,does that kit you are doing need any filler or fettling,you put so much work in prior to the fuse assembly,i wonder how you keep things safe

• 4 weeks later...

She's looking great Bob, starting to come together now. Good tip with the Tamiya tape idea, have to try that out next time.

I'd say to anyone scared of rigging just give it a go. Don't start with a 1/72 kit though!!, do yourself a favour and go for a simple 1/48 kit or ideally a WNW kit. It's all in the preparation, and being patient. If you've rigged a few lines and you're seeing double just walk away or do something else. Don't rush it, it's actually not that difficult, just takes a little time and patience.

She's looking great Bob, starting to come together now. Good tip with the Tamiya tape idea, have to try that out next time.

I'd say to anyone scared of rigging just give it a go. Don't start with a 1/72 kit though!!, do yourself a favour and go for a simple 1/48 kit or ideally a WNW kit. It's all in the preparation, and being patient. If you've rigged a few lines and you're seeing double just walk away or do something else. Don't rush it, it's actually not that difficult, just takes a little time and patience.

Hi Doug,

Model is finished and in the 'Ready for Inspection' section should you wish to see the old girl complete.

Cheers,

Bob