Tamya 1/72 P-47 Razorback

After a flurry of activity yesterday, this 'quick build' [started 15th June!] is finally finished!

This is Tamiya's lovely P-47 Razorback kit built totally out of the box, including seatbelt decals.

The only issue I had was not being able to close the canopy, but it wasn't really a problem becaue I wanted it open anyway.

Painted using Xtracrylics and Tamiya paint.

Hope you like it!

f1_zps66a3d737.jpg

f2_zps964506d1.jpg

f4_zps3e7a68f9.jpg

f3_zps409a5f3a.jpg

f5_zpsd132e304.jpg

f6_zpseb00191d.jpg

Thanks for looking

Matt

• Like 6

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated!

Martin - the canopy just wouldn't fit in the closed position - I can only assume it's an error on my part but the fit wasn't even close!

Very nice work, great finish. I've built a few of these and the canopy fits great closed, it's a tight fit and hardly needs any glue and because the way the back of the canopy fits, I fit the canopy first then the windscreen.

• Like 1

Very nice work, great finish. I've built a few of these and the canopy fits great closed, it's a tight fit and hardly needs any glue and because the way the back of the canopy fits, I fit the canopy first then the windscreen.

Maybe that's what I was doing wrong then - if I ever build another I'll give that a go!

• 2 weeks later...

That is a beauty. The panel lines really set it off. I have not plucked up the courage to try adding this detail yet, but it does make a difference to the overall appearance of the model.

Thanks for your comment, sorry I missed it at the time! Highlighting the panel lines is really easy - give it a go on the next model you make :)

• 2 weeks later...