IAI Kfir Exhaust Nozzle. 1:48 Aires Resin

IAI Kfir Exhaust Nozzle (4591)

1:48 Aires

Jetpipes.jpg

The set comes in a blown plastic box on a cardboard sleeve. The parts are protected from bouncing around and breaking by a thick foam pad. The kit exhaust is pretty good on its own but with the single piece moulding Kinetic went for it does make the painting of the exhaust and rear section of the engine rather difficult. With this set this is alleviated by having all the sections separate allowing them to be painted before fitting together. Each of the three resin parts are beautifully moulded and with their attachments to the casting blocks being quite narrow, they should be easy to remove. The etched EGT web fits onto the rear face of the engine which is in turn fitted to the nozzle duct. At the other end the exhaust petals are attached. The kit does not need to be modified in any way as this set is a direct replacement for the kits parts.

jetpipe1.jpg

Conclusion

This is a very nice looking set of resin which some may not make much difference to the detail level, but it certainly make for an easier paint job. The resin does appear to be finer to my eye, and looks more authentic. I will definitely be using this set on my example. Highly recommended.

Review samples courtesy of
logo.jpg
distributed in the UK by Hannants Ltd.