Air Canada

I'm on a bit of an Air Canada kick at the moment, as well having a 777-300 to do in, and a 767 (got decals for that already), I was racking my brains for what to do my A340-300 in....
Having spent a bit of time searching on Airliners.net, it has to be Air Canada ;)

Copyrighted Image removed

And seeing as for some really bizarre reason I booked 2 nights off work, I'll crack on with the 767...

• Like 1

Hi Tackleberry,

Do you know of any color readily available for Air Canada from a rattle can? I like their livery very much but since I don't have and airbrush I can't use the Xtracolor paints.

Thanks.

I bought a spray can from a company called Graffworkz and the shade of blue is called ice blue.......

• 2 weeks later...

I'd absolutely LOVE to do an Air Canada Boeing 777-300! I have a real nice Air France 777-300 (Gemini Jets I believe) small put together model at home which is my favourite but I want to make one, obviously it would probably involve a conversion which scares me.. alot!

I'd absolutely LOVE to do an Air Canada Boeing 777-300! I have a real nice Air France 777-300 (Gemini Jets I believe) small put together model at home which is my favourite but I want to make one, obviously it would probably involve a conversion which scares me.. alot!

The way I see it if you don't do it now you never will. It's easy to cut a kit up and convert it! Here is my 777-300 I converted from the minicraft 200 kit

76800B98-B876-4623-AED7-9830234BA791-398

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on a bit of an Air Canada kick at the moment, as well having a 777-300 to do in, and a 767 (got decals for that already), I was racking my brains for what to do my A340-300 in....

Having spent a bit of time searching on Airliners.net, it has to be Air Canada ;)

Copyrighted image removed

And seeing as for some really bizarre reason I booked 2 nights off work, I'll crack on with the 767...

Who does decals for this scheme, I would like to do mine similar.

Cheers now

Bob

Think its about £6.00 uk postage for one tin thanks to royal mail

And Hannants has the paint: Xtracolor X553 "Air Canada 777 Pale Blue" assuming that you can get it through the Post these days. It doesn't appear to be in the Xtracrylix range :(

Unfortunately I won't get this through the post as enamels cant be shipped overseas by air and no one seems to have the will to want to ship by ship (if you know what i mean!) which is a pain. I might pop out and see if any 'local' (ie Canadian/N. American) companies do it.

V1 Decals do the Airbus A319/320 and 321 decals, also do the Boeing 767 in standard and the low cost arm, Rouge....

Two Six also do the standard 767 livery and the Airbus A340 livery

Excellent, thanks for that. I have just bought the Revell A340 Austria Philharmonic kit and was pondering on an alternative, although if I got a smaller A319???

Arrrrrggghhhh to much choice! Life used to be so much easier when it was one option only!

Thanks for the information!

Cheers now

Bob

• 1 month later...

Copyrighted Image Removed

copyright again

Edited by Greg B

Here is my A380, I sprayed using xtracolour air canada 777 pale blue, I had custom made decals, only thing I wished I'd done was to keep the doors green and not red but she still looks greatae31d758.jpg

You'd better remove that pic Chris, it doesn't show a copyright PMSL

And for the record, mad about models is going onto my ignore list because I find him an irrating little s... and have done for ages!!!!!

And for the record, mad about models is going onto my ignore list because I find him an irrating little s... and have done for ages!!!!!

well if you find me an irritating little s then why do you keep commenting on ny posts.

At least i have the ability to actual finish a model rather than bore people to death with endless, boring questions on how to paint. Plenty of tutorials. Do a little but of research you p*%&t!

• Like 1